Ms. Lucille Leong MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1500 E Duarte Rd Duarte CA, 91010
Dr. Lucille Leong is an oncologist practicing in Duarte, CA. Dr. Leong specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Leong manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology- 1985
- American Cancer Society Clinical Fellow1977 1984-1985
- Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellow (to women engaged in gradua 1979
- American Cancer Society Lane W. Adams Quality of Life Award 2005
- Quality of Life Award 2004, California 44th Assembly District Woman o 2004
- Member American Association for Cancer Education 2001
- MEMBER OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS American Cancer Society - San Gabriel Valley / Pasadena Unit 1993
- City of Hope, Duarte, CA., Medical Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research 1983
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Torrance, CA., Hematology, Division of Hematology 1982
Experience & Accolades
- Medical Staff President2009 - 2014City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Staff Physician1985 - 2014Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research
- Present - Clinical Professor Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
- Acting Chair 2004 - 2006 Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research, City of Hope, Duarte, CA
Ms. Lucille Leong MD's Practice location
Duarte, CA 91010Get Direction
Ms. Lucille Leong MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leong
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Ovarian Cancer: Why a Second Opinion Is Essential
You know how crucial early detection is when it comes to ovarian cancer. Eighty-five percent of the time when women are diagnosed they are at a late stage and have a decreased likelihood of survival.The fact that this diagnosis needs to come quickly is the first area of concern. There isn’t much...
- What Is Liver Cancer Carcinoma?
What Is Carcinoma?When you talk to an Oncologist to inform you on the types of cancer existent at the moment or visit the internet and search for the same, you will be surprised just how many are there. Thank God that the advancement seen in the field of technology has brought tremendous benefits to...
- New Combination Therapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma Shows Promising Results
While there are several different types of Hodgkin’s lymphoma, more than 80% of cases of diagnosed lymphoma are non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma typically receive radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or combinations of the two. Stem cell or bone marrow transplantations...
- What to Ask the Doctor After Lymphoma Diagnosis: A Checklist
Upon receiving a diagnosis of lymphoma, it is quite normal to feel shocked, confused, anxious, or even frightened. You may feel concerned about the medical aspects of the cancer diagnosis, such as treatment options and side effects. During this time, you must make major decisions in regards to your...
- Dr. Robert Morgan MD260 CIMMERON TRL GLENDORA CA 91741
- Boris Bagdasarian1505 Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206
- Mr. Mark T. Wakabayashi MD1500 Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010
- Mr. Yun Yen MD1500 E Duarte Rd Duarte CA 91010
- Dr. Syma Iqbal M.D.1441 Eastlake Ave Los Angeles CA 90089
- Ms. Jasmine Zain MD1500 E. DUARTE RD. DUARTE CA 91010