Dr. Scott James is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. James specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1986
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1986
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Stomach Flu
- Children'S Hosps & Clis-St Pau, Pediatrics; Univ Fl Affil Hosps, Pediatrics
Mr. Scott S James MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68114Get Direction
Mr. Scott S James MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
The vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable and persistent...
- 15-State Bicycle Journey Helps Raise Money and Awareness for Muscular Dystrophy
To raise awareness and funding for muscular dystrophy, a 4,200 mile bike ride was organized that started in Seattle, Washington and ended at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, with a total of 15 states being crossed by the end. The event consisted of roughly 12 cyclists, and was made...
- Is the Gluten-Free Trend Coming to an End?
It is essential that those with celiac disease do not eat any gluten – even accidentally. But many people think that a gluten-free diet is just a fad and not a medical necessity for those who have celiac disease. These same people discount the implications of even accidental gluten exposure. ...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Dr. Corey S Joekel MD8200 Dodge Street Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Linda K Matson MDChildren's Hospital Emergency Department Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Alan G Fuss MD8200 Dodge Street Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Debra J Tomek MD8200 Dodge St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Wang D.O.8200 Dodge St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Thomas J Deegan MD8200 Dodge St Omaha NE 68114