Dr. Tyrone Whitter is an anesthesiologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Whitter ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Whitter also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1991
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1991
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Anesthesiology; St Vincent'S Hsp & M C-Ny, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Tyrone B Whitter MD's Practice location
Dr. Tyrone B Whitter MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Whitter
- 5 Tips on Living with Prostate Cancer
5 Tips on Living with Prostate CancerBeing diagnosed with cancer is a blow to the lives of very many men. Some think that once they have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it is the end of their lives. This is not true. Someone can be have prostate cancer and still manage to live a happy and...
- Life and Work: Maintaining a Delicate Balance
Finding the right balance between work and life can be difficult. According to psychologist Robert Brooks, PhD, the co-author of The Power of Resilience: Achieving Balance, Confidence, and Personal Strength in Your Life, most people put in extra hours at work thinking that their layoffs and...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Esther M Benedetti MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Yasser M Karim MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jaroslaw S Przybyl MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christina M Spofford M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Melinda S Seering MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Joss J Thomas MD MPH200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242