Dr. Robert Singer practices Neurological Surgery in Nashville, TN. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Singer prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1992
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Neurological Surgery; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Robert J Singer M.D.'s Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Nashville, TN 37207Get Direction
LEBANON, NH 03756Get Direction
Dr. Robert J Singer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Singer
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Dr. Richard A Berkman M.D.345 23rd Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Paul R Mccombs MD2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Carl R Hampf M.D.2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. J. Duffy Mocco MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Jason R Hubbard MD2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Christopher Taleghani MD5653 Frist Blvd Hermitage TN 37076