Dr. Susan Weeks is an interventional radiologist practicing in Raleigh, NC. Dr. Weeks specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1991
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Incidence of donor renal fibromuscular dysplasia: does it justify routine angiography?
- Unconventional venous access.
- SIR 2003 film panel case 3: hemorrhagic hereditary telangectasia with median arcuate ligament compression.
- CO2 splenoportography for evaluating the splenic and portal veins before or after liver transplantation.
- Transcatheter thrombolytic therapy for acute mesenteric and portal vein thrombosis.
- Local therapeutic treatments for focal liver disease.
- Sonographic evaluation of venous obstruction in liver transplants.
- The use of dexmedetomidine as an adjuvant to benzodiazepine-based therapy to decrease the severity of delirium in alcohol withdrawal in adult intensive care unit patients: a systematic review.
- Length of stay in hospital for people with severe mental illness.
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Diagnostic Radiology
Dr. Susan Marie Weeks MD's Practice location
Raleigh, NC 27609Get Direction
DURHAM, NC 27704Get Direction
Dr. Susan Marie Weeks MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Alternative Treatments for Stroke
Knowing about the treatment and care of stroke victims is important. When a victim shows stroke-like signs and symptoms, a neurologist must confirm the symptoms as well as identify the type of stroke the victim is suffering from, the affected areas, and the level of damage. This will help in...
- Are CPAP Machines Being Used by Insurers to Spy on Patients?
Approximately 17 million people use CPAP machines for obstructive sleep apnea. Is it possible that insurers are collecting their information through their treatment? Maybe. Thousands of CPAP machines users found out that their machine was actually spying on them. Yes, we're serious. The device sends...
- Health Benefits of Ginger
Where is ginger found in the world?Ginger is native to the warmer parts of Asia, such as China, Japan, India, and the Middle East. It is thought to have started out, growing wild in the rainforests of the Indian subcontinent. This is because of the richness of variety of ginger in India. But today,...
- Treatments For Shin Splints
That intense pain you get while running, exercise or by just pressing your shins is sometimes is just too unbearable. Sometimes the pain is so severe that it makes running impossible; it tends to subside as you stop running and take a rest.Shin splints usually subside on their own and often require...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Bursitis?
Bursitis is a condition that affects many people around the globe who have no idea what is causing them pain or end up misjudging what might be wrong with their body tissues. Others might have a general idea of what bursitis is but cannot tell when they are suffering from it. This is because they...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
If you have risk factors for osteoporosis – postmenopausal women with vitamin D deficiency – do not wait until the symptoms are out to get screened. According to statistics, a major contributor for osteoporosis doesn’t have any noticeable symptoms. By the time you have a bone fracture, feel...
- Dr. Philip C Pretter M.D.3949 Browning Pl Raleigh NC 27609
- Mark L Lessne MD2713 Wyntercrest Ln Durham NC 27713
- James Eric Knutson M.D.3400 WAKE FOREST RD RALEIGH NC 27609
- Dr. Alan Bruce Fein M.D.3949 Browning Pl Raleigh NC 27609
- Richard B Clinton MD3200 BLUE RIDGE RD STE 100 RALEIGH NC 27612
- Dr. Ruth Walsh M.D.4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704