Dr. Prema Kothandaraman is a board certified OB/GYN who serves patients who live in Arcadia, California and many of the surrounding communities. At The OB/GYN and Incontinence Center, the doctor and her staff specialize in the treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, abnormal bleeding, menopause, infertility, and pregnancy. Dr. Kothandaraman offers many services as well including adolescent gynecology, IUDs, and birth control pills. The holistic practice offers services for vaginal health (MonaLisa Touch, TempSure Vitalia) and Organic, natural supplements.
The doctor's primary area of expertise urogynecology and the treatment of health conditions associated with it. She also gives lectures on urinary incontinence and other bladder issues.
After receiving her medical degree, Dr. Kothandaraman went to Yale University to complete her internship. At Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, the doctor completed her residency. The doctor has worked at many of the most prestigious hospitals and clinics in Florida and California. Now the doctor practices full time in Arcadia, offering her patients the most advanced treatment options available. She is well known and respected by both the public and her peers in the medical community.
Education and Training
Chengalpattu Medical College 1986
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Areas of expertise and specialization
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Huntington memorial Hospital
- San Gabriel Valley Medical Center ( San Gabriel, CA )
Dr. Prema Kothandaraman, MD, FACOG's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Prema Kothandaraman, MD, FACOG | Obstetrics & Gynecology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Prema Kothandaraman, MD, FACOG's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kothandaraman
- What is Cervical Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a form of medical therapy that uses extremely low temperatures of about -110 degrees Celsius to help the body heal from physical exertion. Normally, this practice is done in a cryotherapy chamber that encloses the entire body from the neck down, but the same technology can be...
- Over-The-Counter Painkillers Taken During Pregnancy May Affect Male Infertility
According to a recent study published in the journal, Human Reproduction, some of the common over-the-counter pain killers taken during pregnancy may result in male infertility. This study conducted on 2,300 Danish and Finnish women shows that even acetaminophen can affect the reproductive health...
- Vitamin E and Fatty Acid Supplements May Alleviate Period Cramps
A new study published in the journal, Reproductive Health, has shown that supplements containing vitamin E and essential fatty acids may relieve the symptoms caused by menstruation. In this study, 120 women with PMS or the more severe premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), were divided into two...
- Does My Heavy Menstruation Mean I Have Fibroids?
Heavy periods are very common, and for most cases, the real cause is unknown. However, fibroids and endometriosis have proven to be the primary contributors. There are multiple ways to alleviate heavy periods and effectively managing them. Options include surgical operations, IUD, and the use of...
- Freezing and Cauterization of Genital Warts
Genital warts may appear in/around the anus, in the pubic area and or in the vagina. They appear like pink or red growth in or around the sex organs. They often appear in clusters of 3-4.They may grow and spread rapidly. They are usually painless but sometimes might cause mild pain, itching and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Vaginal Thrush
Vaginal thrush is a common condition among women and is caused by a yeast infection. It may be uncomfortable and unpleasant at times, but is treatable with medication available in pharmacies. However, there have been cases where treatment was difficult and in some women, the infection kept coming...
- Dr. Judy Chen M.D.1670 120th Street, Womens Center Los Angeles California 90059
- Dr. Bradley Trivax MD200 Old Country Rd Mineola NY 11501
- Dr. Cheryl Twu D.O.55 Merchant St. Honolulu HI 96813
- Dr. Nicholas J. Thanos M.D.2262 North State College Boulevard Fullerton California 92831
- Dr. Bayardo A. Cruz M.D. OB-GYN1155 North Vermont Avenue Los Angeles California 90029
- Bernardita De Los Reyes-Dychioco2760 East Florence Avenue Huntington Park California 90255