Patricia L Abbitt MD
Radiologist | Diagnostic Radiology1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL, 32610
Dr. Abbitt earned her BA in 1976 at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA and her M.D. from Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA in 1981. She completed her internship in the Depar ...
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1981
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Diagnosis of clinically unsuspected extrapulmonary tuberculosis by fine needle aspiration: a case report.
- Ultrasonography of the liver. An update on new applications.
- Ultrasound guidance for biopsy of omental abnormalities.
- Ultrasound diagnosis of traumatic testicular rupture.
- Gastric herniation and volvulus: CT and MR appearance.
- Esophageal perforation in adults: aggressive, conservative treatment lowers
- Portal vein thrombosis: imaging features and associated etiologies.
- Percutaneous fine-needle aspiration of bowel wall abnormalities under ultrasonic guidance.
- Diagnosis of endometriosis by fine-needle aspiration cytology.
- Case report: percutaneous drainage of periappendiceal actinomycosis.
- Abnormalities of the seminal tract causing infertility: diagnosis with endorectal sonography.
- Real-time ultrasound for the detection of deep venous thrombosis.
- Endovaginal sonography for guidance in draining pelvic fluid collections.
- Prenatal detection of gallstones.
- Early diagnosis of spina bifida: the value of cranial ultrasound markers.
- Abdominal Imaging
- Member UF COM SELECTION COMMITTEE FOR DEAN OF MEDICAL CURRICULUM
- Member UF COM MEDICAL STUDENT SELECTION COMMITTEE
- Member UF COM ACADEMIC STATUS COMMITTEE
- University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA 1987
- BODY IMAGING/MAMMOG, UNIV OF VA, VA 1986
Patricia L Abbitt MD's Practice location
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Thomas Scagnelli MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Charles H Bush M.D.1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Elizabeth Bray Vorhis MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- Vaishali V Phalke MB BS1600 SW ARCHER RD GAINESVILLE FL 32610
- Christopher Jon Skowlund MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608
- William J Montgomery MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32608