Dr. Wallace Kemper Alston MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease111 Colchester Ave Fletcher Allen Healt Burlington VT, 05401
Dr. Wallace Alston is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Burlington, VT. Dr. Alston specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1987
New York Medical College 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Service delivery for patients with HIV in a rural state: the Vermont model.
- Cefazolin dosing protocol for patients receiving long-term hemodialysis.
- Current immunizations for travel.
- Increase in the rate of nosocomial Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea during shortages of piperacillin-tazobactam and piperacillin.
- Serum mannose-binding lectin deficiency is associated with cryptosporidiosis in young Haitian children.
- Childhood cryptosporidiosis is associated with a persistent systemic inflammatory response.
- Use of longitudinal surveillance data to assess the effectiveness of infection control in critical care.
- The Vermont model for rural HIV care delivery: eleven years of outcome data comparing urban and rural clinics.
- Pitfalls of public reporting.
- The complexity, relative value, and financial worth of curbside consultations in an academic infectious diseases unit.
- A longitudinal index of multidrug-resistant organisms at an academic medical center reveals true declines in incidence.
- A Retrospective Study on the Protective Effects of Topical Vancomycin in Patients Undergoing Multilevel Spinal Fusion.
Dr. Wallace Kemper Alston MD's Practice location
Burlington, VT 05401Get Direction
Dr. Wallace Kemper Alston MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alston
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- How Is The Coronavirus Affecting Nursing Homes?
Nursing homes across the country have become epicenters or "hot spots" of the coronavirus spread. This is because nursing homes include people who are most at risk for the virus, including those with chronic conditions and those who are elderly. The massive increase in cases is causing many nursing...
- What Are the Different Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis is a bacterial disease that is dangerous if not diagnosed early and treated. It is an infectious disease that spreads through sexual contact. It has 4 major stages but not all people go through these 4 stages. Still, it is important to get proper treatment. Syphilis has 4 stages in its...
- Treating Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is a nasty infection that can progress to a chronic debilitating disease with life-threatening complications if left untreated.Lyme disease is transmitted through the bite of a four-legged tick, which is also known as the deer tick or the bear tick. The tick has to be in the nymphal...
- What is involved in a COVID-19 plasma donation?
One of the most promising and in-demand solutions for COVID-19 positive patients is convalescent plasma therapy. Many studies have proven how effective it is in decreasing the presence of the signs and symptoms of the disease. Not only that, but it has also been published that this particular...
- How Does Convalescent Plasma Therapy Work?
Thanks to the clinical trials that have been carried out to find a solution for fighting the novel coronavirus, the statistics of recovered patients in the world are slowly rising. Worldwide, we have a 25% recovery rate. Although that is still far beyond our target which is 100%, we should still...
- Dr. Christopher James Grace MD111 Colchester Avenue Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Christopher Dwight Huston M.D.111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Mary Beth Ramundo M.D.111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Timothy Lahey MD MMSC111 COLCHESTER AVE BURLINGTON VT 05401
- Dr. Keith G Collins M.D.159 MARGARET ST PLATTSBURGH NY 12901
- Dr. Timothy James Whitman DO111 COLCHESTER AVE BURLINGTON VT 05401