Dr. Bethany Tan is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Tan specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Tan typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Eastern Virginia Medical School 1995
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Bethany B Tan MD's Practice location
Washington, DC 20010Get Direction
Norfolk, VA 23502Get Direction
Dr. Bethany B Tan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Hassan A. Tetteh10319 Westlake Dr Bethesda MD 20817
- Dr. Yvonne Marie Carter MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Christopher Mark Eger M.D.106 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Michael P Siegenthaler MD8600 Old Georgetown Rd Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Dingchao He M.D.6323 Georgia Ave Washington DC 20011
- Dr. Marc Margolis M.D.2175 K St Nw Washington DC 20037