Dr. Peter Ralph Koenig M.D.
Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology5841 S Maryland Ave Mc 4051 Chicago IL, 60637
Dr. Peter Koenig is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Koenig specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1986
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 1989
- Cardiac (heart) Stress Testing, Heart Problems, Cardiac Imaging And More
- Member American College of Cardiology
- Member American Society of Echocardiography
- Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatric Cardiology; Mc Gaw Mc/Northwestern Univ, Pediatrics; Northwestern Mem Hosp, Pediatrics
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago 1989
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago 1986
- Children's Hospital and Medical Center 1992
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Pediatrics Cardiology 1992
- pediatric cardiology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center 1989
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center 1992
Dr. Peter Ralph Koenig M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60611Get Direction
Dr. Peter Ralph Koenig M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koenig
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Dolores Ann Vitullo MD2300 Childrens Plaza Box 21 Chicago IL 60614
- Mr. Sunthorn Muangmingsuk MD4700 W 95th St Oak Lawn IL 60453
- Mr. Tarek Husayni MD4440 W 95th St Oak Lawn IL 60453
- Dr. Luciana T Young MD2300 Childrens Plaza Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Elfriede Pahl MD2300 Childrens Plaza Box 21 Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Tania L Saroli MD4440 W 95TH ST OAK LAWN IL 60453