Dr. Nikhil Amin MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology19 Bradhurst Ave Suite 1400 Hawthorne NY, 10532
Dr. Nikhil Amin practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hawthorne, NY. Dr. Amin treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Butler University in Indianapolis
Medical College Baroda 1979
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Ny Medical College, Pediatric Pulmonology; Ny Medical College, Pediatrics
- New York Medical College (Metropolitan) Program
Dr. Nikhil Amin MD's Practice location
Hawthorne, NY 10532Get Direction
Dr. Nikhil Amin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Amin
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- Home Treatments for Croup
Children, especially the younger ones are prone to have croup. It is a viral infection that causes swelling and inflammation of the vocal cords. Croup is characterized by a bad cough that resembles a barking seal and difficulty in breathing. The virus that causes croup is also the same virus that...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- Stridor in Children: Croup Is Not the Only Cause
Stridor is a high-pitched sound that is caused by a disrupted airflow. It is a sign of an upper airway obstruction that affects children more than adults. A disrupted airflow is caused by a blockage in the voice box (larynx) or windpipe (trachea). Stridor is most noticeable during inhalation, but...
- Dr. Steven Jay Kanengiser MD505 Goffle Road Ridgewood NJ 07450
- Dr. Agnes Q Banquet MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Nadav Traeger MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Lynne Quittell OtherColumbia University Department Pediatrics New York NY 10032
- Dr. Suzette Gjonaj MD19 Bradhurst Ave Hawthorne NY 10532
- Dr. Yehudit Pollack MD22 SAW MILL RIVER RD HAWTHORNE NY 10532