Andrew S. Ferrell MD
Interventional Radiologist | Vascular & Interventional Radiology2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC, 27705
Dr. Andrew Ferrell is an interventional radiologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Ferrell specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- University of Alabama Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Alabama Affiliated Hospitals 2009
- Duke University, Interventional Neuroradiology, NC, USA 2011
- Duke University, Neuroradiology, NC, USA 2010
Andrew S. Ferrell MD's Practice location
Durham, NC 27705Get Direction
KNOXVILLE, TN 37920Get Direction
Andrew S. Ferrell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ferrell
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- Alzheimer’s is Not a Part of Normal Aging
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia, a term for memory loss, which is serious enough to affect daily life. It affects three to four million people in the US. 10% of all the persons over 70-years-old have memory loss and in more than half, the cause is Alzheimer’s disease....
- Proper Exercise Can Provide Effective Crohn's and Colitis Relief
For someone living with Crohn's or colitis, it may seem as if exercise is a bad idea. All of that movement can activate symptoms, right? What happens if the symptoms occur during exercise, such as diarrhea? Would it not be safer to avoid the risk and minimize movement?Actually, exercise has...
- Skiers Conquer the Entire River Murray for Cystic Fibrosis
Although there is currently no cure for cystic fibrosis, people from all around the world are determined to change this. Organizations committed to raising funds and awareness on CF continuously work hard all year round to:...
- Recurrent Herpes Simplex Labialis
What is it?Recurrent herpes simplex labialis is a mouth infection that is caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is a contagious and common infection that can easily be passed on. Also known as oral herpes, recurrent herpes simplex labialis causes sores and blisters on the lips, tongue, mouth, and...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- Joseph Stavas MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Matthew Mauro MD430 Waterstone Drive Hillsborough NC 27278
- Dr. Susan Marie Weeks MD120 WILLIAM PENN PLZ DURHAM NC 27704
- Charles T Burke M.D.430 Waterstone Drive Hillsborough NC 27278
- Mark L Lessne MD2713 Wyntercrest Ln Durham NC 27713
- Aaron D Nordgren MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514