Dr. Ronald R Parks M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1070-1 Tunnel Rd PMB 252 Asheville NC, 28803
Dr. Ronald Parks is a psychiatrist practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Parks is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Parks diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Parks may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Parks treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1969
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Psychiatry; Geo Washington Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Ucla Sch Of Pub Hlth, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine; Washington Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Ronald R Parks M.D.'s Practice location
Asheville, NC 28803Get Direction
ASHEVILLE, NC 28803Get Direction
Dr. Ronald R Parks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parks
- What Causes ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurological/behavioral disorder that affects a person's ability to control one's behavior. The real cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is unknown, although numerous factors are thought to be responsible. GeneticsPeople...
- What is Postpartum Depression?
After delivering a child, a mother can succumb to overwhelming emotions of fear and anxiety, which can ultimately lead to her development of depression. Postpartum depression (PPD) is a multitude of depressed emotions in the mother, which develop within four weeks of delivery. Baby blues, which most...
- Tips for Parents who are Raising a Child with Autism
If you are a parent who has a child with autism, you need to be proactive when it comes to understand your child's condition, and weighing out different treatments options. It is common for you to work with a multitude of people to help make the best decision for your child. A child's ability to...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Depression in Seniors
What is depression?Depression is a mood disorder that causes an individual to feel sad, lonely, lost, angry, hopeless, or frustrated daily. These severe emotions can interfere with the individual's everyday life. For elders, depression can arise through hard life experiences, like losing a spouse,...
- Dr. James Patrick Michalets M.D,1100 Tunnel Rd Asheville NC 28805
- Dr. Ilona Csapo M.D.25 ORANGE ST ASHEVILLE NC 28801
- Dr. Gerald W Travis MD11 Vanderbilt Park Dr Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Kate Welsh pyron Gregory MD29 Ravenscroft Dr Asheville NC 28801
- Dr. Harold Ronald Gollberg M.D.The Bariatric Clinic Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Julia Winn Mccutcheon M.D.2 Wall St. Asheville NC 28801