Mr. Derrick J Martin MD
Surgeon1501 N Us Highway 441 Building 1800 Suite Lady Lake FL, 32159
Dr. Derrick Martin is a general surgeon practicing in Lady Lake, FL. Dr. Martin specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Martin provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of the West Indies M.D. 1978
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Vein Disease
- Vein Treatment
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Duplex Ultrasound
- Endovenous Laser Treatment
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Transdermal Laser Treatment
- Professional Member American College of Surgeons
- Professional Member Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing
- Harlem Hospital Medical Center General Surgery
- Montefiore Medical Center Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Harlem Hospital Medical Center Endoscopy
Mr. Derrick J Martin MD's Practice location
Lady Lake, FL 32159Get Direction
Mamou, LA 70554Get Direction
LAKELAND, FL 33803Get Direction
Lakeland, FL 33803Get Direction
Mr. Derrick J Martin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Martin
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Dr. Phillip M Dascher MD1290 Waterman Way Tavares FL 32778
- Dr. Seble Z Gabre-madhin MD3350 Waterman Way Tavares FL 32778
- Dr. Muhammad A Jawad M.D.2820 Se 3rd Ct Ocala FL 34471
- Dr. David William Burnsed M.D.10250 Se 167th Place Rd Summerfield FL 34491
- Dr. Dan Nicolas Tran MD1290 Waterman Way Tavares FL 32778
- Dr. Winston Thomas Richards MD1234 SE MAGNOLIA EXT OCALA FL 34471