Dr. Russell Sassack is a Dentist practicing in Sterling Heights, MI. Dr. Sassack specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Michigan School DDS 1984
Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS's Expert Contributions
Gum chewing is beneficial shortly after eating to stimulate saliva flow and natural teeth cleaning. Excessive or constant chewing is not good for your facial muscles. READ MORE
Bleeding gums while brushing or flossing are signs of gingivitis. Brushing & flossing daily can reverse the signs of gingivitis. Mouth rinsing with Listerine is also very beneficial. READ MORE
Not sure without seeing you before and after your cleaning. Consult your dentist. READ MORE
There are a number of anesthetics that a dentist can choose from to anesthetize your tooth. Every one of them should suit you. If you are concerned about the treatment, discuss it with the dentist. READ MORE
Every tooth in your mouth is supported by bone, easily seen on an X-ray and measured by a periodontal probe during your dental exam. As plaque and tartar form along the gum line and are not removed on a regular basis through proper brushing and daily flossing, the bacteria can eat away at the bone supporting your teeth, thus showing bone loss during a dental exam. Once this diagnosis is made, it is important to take steps to eliminate or slow down any more loss. Brush at least twice a day, floss daily, use a mouthwash proven to control bacteria daily like Listerine, and follow the recommended frequency of professional cleanings by your dentist. READ MORE
There is no rhyme or reason why some canine teeth are more pointy than others. All teeth, however, can be contoured easily by a dentist to decrease their pointy appearance and make them look less conspicuous. Visit your dentist today. READ MORE
Yes it can. The infection must be treated and gotten under control. Treatment will be discussed with your dentist following an X-ray examination. READ MORE
- Michigan Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Macomb Dental Society
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- ChoiceGuard / Healthy Directions
- Coastal Healthcare
- Davis Vision
- Dental HMO/MGD/Pre-Paid
- Extended Access PPO
- Guardian Advantage Gold Dental PPO
- Guardian Advantage Silver Dental PPO
- SuperMed - SC
- Texas True Choice
- Tribute Enhanced (Medicare)
- Tribute Plan (Medicare)
Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sassack
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Causes of Bad Breath
Bad breath, medically known as halitosis, is an indicator of poor dental hygiene, but may also result from other health issues. The types of food you eat and your lifestyle habits strongly affect your breath. If you eat foods with strong odors, it is only normal that it changes the smell of your...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Dry Socket?
One of the most common complications after the removal of a tooth is dry socket. Dry socket is more common with the extraction of wisdom teeth. Although the condition causes great discomfort, it is fully treatable.In most cases, the pain and discomfort experienced following a tooth extraction is...
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Mason Motz Becomes A Chatterbox Once His Sleep Apnea Was Fixed
Mason Motz is a 6-year-old Texas youngster who now sings his favorite songs and talks to everyone who will listen to him. He is always asking his mom about her day and discussing the world with his brother. Every day, he leaves his family astounded, because, for over five years of his life, Mason...
- Dr. Vincent E. Mitchell DDS 29820 Harper Avenue St. Clair Shores Michigan 48082
- Dr. Wendell D. Lawrence D.D.S. 25865 W 12 Mile Rd Southfield MI 48034
- Sandra Seyfried 40646 Woodward Ave Bloomfield Hills MI 48304
- Dr. Anthony M. Burdua DDS 749 North Sandusky Road Sandusky Michigan 48471
- Dr. Alvin Yousif Daboul DDS 3213 Rochester Rd. Royal Oak Michigan 48073
- Dr. Louis I. Hatzis DOCTOR OF DENTAL SUR 36800 Ryan Road Sterling Heights Michigan 48310