Dr. Russell Sassack is a Dentist practicing in Sterling Heights, MI. Dr. Sassack specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Michigan School DDS 1984
Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS's Expert Contributions
Gum chewing is beneficial shortly after eating to stimulate saliva flow and natural teeth cleaning. Excessive or constant chewing is not good for your facial muscles. READ MORE
Bleeding gums while brushing or flossing are signs of gingivitis. Brushing & flossing daily can reverse the signs of gingivitis. Mouth rinsing with Listerine is also very beneficial. READ MORE
Not sure without seeing you before and after your cleaning. Consult your dentist. READ MORE
There are a number of anesthetics that a dentist can choose from to anesthetize your tooth. Every one of them should suit you. If you are concerned about the treatment, discuss it with the dentist. READ MORE
Every tooth in your mouth is supported by bone, easily seen on an X-ray and measured by a periodontal probe during your dental exam. As plaque and tartar form along the gum line and are not removed on a regular basis through proper brushing and daily flossing, the bacteria can eat away at the bone supporting your teeth, thus showing bone loss during a dental exam. Once this diagnosis is made, it is important to take steps to eliminate or slow down any more loss. Brush at least twice a day, floss daily, use a mouthwash proven to control bacteria daily like Listerine, and follow the recommended frequency of professional cleanings by your dentist. READ MORE
There is no rhyme or reason why some canine teeth are more pointy than others. All teeth, however, can be contoured easily by a dentist to decrease their pointy appearance and make them look less conspicuous. Visit your dentist today. READ MORE
Yes it can. The infection must be treated and gotten under control. Treatment will be discussed with your dentist following an X-ray examination. READ MORE
- Michigan Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Macomb Dental Society
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- ChoiceGuard / Healthy Directions
- Coastal Healthcare
- Davis Vision
- Dental HMO/MGD/Pre-Paid
- Extended Access PPO
- Guardian Advantage Gold Dental PPO
- Guardian Advantage Silver Dental PPO
- SuperMed - SC
- Texas True Choice
- Tribute Enhanced (Medicare)
- Tribute Plan (Medicare)
Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Russell A Sassack DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sassack
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- What Is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an age-old Ayurvedic remedy that is getting a lot of attention these days as more and more people become health conscious. This Ayurvedic remedy is known as a detoxification procedure that keeps your teeth and mouth healthy. Although there are not that many formal scientific studies...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Are Dental Crowns Useful?
What is Dental Crowns?A dental crown, or a tooth crown, is a tooth-shaped sleeve, or cap, made of porcelain or metal, that is placed over the tooth. Crowns are utilized to restore the shape and size of a tooth. When implanted properly, the porcelain caps cover the crown of the tooth that is visible...
- Drinking Sports Drinks Can Lead to Tooth Erosion
According to a new study presented at the International Association for Dental Research in Miami, some of the popular sports drinks contain high levels of acid that can lead to tooth erosion, hypersensitivity, and staining. Researchers from the New York University report that the drink may also...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants are devices that are used to replace natural teeth. These implants are placed into the jawbone, which over the time, fuse with the natural bone and gain stability.Dental implants are recommended for patients who do not have their natural teeth. This will allow the individual to have...
- Dr. Wendell D. Lawrence D.D.S. 25865 Twelve Mile Rd Southfield MI 48034
- Frederick Roy Bonds DDS 1231 N Mission St Mount Pleasant MI 48858
- Alvin Yousif Daboul DDS 3213 Rochester Rd. Royal Oak Michigan 48073
- Dr. Nezih Jajou Bachuri DMS 41069 Dequindre Road Troy Michigan 48085
- Dr. Shikha Batra D.M.D 3960 Crooks Road Troy Michigan 48084
- Dr. Sachi Patel D.D.S 46169 Westlake Dr Sterling VA 20165