Dr. Carlos Hou fai Chan MD, PHD, FRCSC
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology75 Francis St Boston MA, 02115
Dr. Carlos Chan is a surgical oncologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Chan specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Novel mouse model for carcinoembryonic antigen-based therapy.
- Increased colon tumor susceptibility in azoxymethane treated CEABAC transgenic mice.
- Colorectal hyperplasia and dysplasia due to human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family member expression in transgenic mice.
- Crohn's disease adherent-invasive Escherichia coli colonize and induce strong gut
- Renal matrix stone managed by ureteroscopic holmium laser lithotripsy.
- LPS-induced TLR4 signaling in human colorectal cancer cells increases beta1
- Massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding secondary to duodenal metastasis of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder.
- The impact of incidental gastrointestinal stromal tumours on patients undergoing resection of upper gastrointestinal neoplasms.
- Gram negative bacteria increase non-small cell lung cancer metastasis via Toll-like receptor 4 activation and mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation.
- Global analysis of neutrophil responses to Neisseria gonorrhoeae reveals a self-propagating inflammatory program.
- Rapidly Progressing Primary Extrahepatic Bile Duct Signet-Ring Cell Carcinoma in a Caucasian Woman.
- Rapid and Sensitive Detection of Breast Cancer Cells in Patient Blood with Nuclease-Activated Probe Technology.
- An Unusual Progression of Signet-Ring Cell Carcinoma of the Appendix in a Caucasian Woman.
Dr. Carlos Hou fai Chan MD, PHD, FRCSC's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Is Nodular Melanoma?
Melanoma is a serious skin cancer which arises from pigment cells called as melanocytes. An invasive form of melanoma is called nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is a serious skin cancer that got its name from the word "nodule", a doctor’s term for a lump as nodular melanoma lesions are shaped...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Dr. Katherina Zabicki Calvillo M.D.44 Binney St. , Mayer 1b34 Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Maureen T Kavanah M.D.88 E Newton St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Susan Lynn Troyan M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Jiping Wang MD, PHD75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Joshua Herschel Winer M.D.75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Maureen Patricia Mcevoy MD55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114