Dr. Nicolas A. Forero M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1025 S 6th St Springfield IL, 62703
Dr. Nicolas Forero is a nephrologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Forero specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Forero most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ Militar Nueva Granada- Bogota- Colombia 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Tx Med Sch-San Antonio, Nephrology; Penn St U Hp-M S Hershey Mc, Internal Medicine
Dr. Nicolas A. Forero M.D.'s Practice location
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62702Get Direction
Dr. Nicolas A. Forero M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Forero
- What Causes Kidney Stones? How to Prevent and Treat Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are also known as renal calculi. The occurrence of kidney stones is known as nephrolithiasis. Kidney stones in the urinary tract lead to a condition known as ureterolithiasis. Kidney stones are seen as a common occurrence in the medical world. One in twenty people tend to suffer from...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- Dr. Xueguang Chen MD3401 Conifer Dr Springfield IL 62711
- Dr. Richard Thomas Bilinsky M.D.3700 W Bluffs Rd Springfield IL 62711
- Dr. Olatokunbo Shobande M.D.800 E CARPENTER ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62769
- Dr. Farheen Shah-khan MD301 N. 8th Street Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Richa Anand Pandey MD350 W CARPENTER ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Dr. Sabrina G. Bessette M.D.1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703