Dr. Rajeev Rohatgi is a nephrologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Rohatgi specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Rohatgi most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Chronic Kidney Failure, Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Nephrology; Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
Dr. Rajeev Rohatgi MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10029Get Direction
Dr. Rajeev Rohatgi MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Dr. Suzanne El-Sayegh M.D.470 Seaview Ave Staten Island NY 10305
- Dr. Penny Elizabeth DeFranco M.D.5 Franklin Ave Belleville NJ 07109
- Dr. Pascal Dabel M.D.350 E 17th St New York NY 10003
- Sine Akten Brooklyn New York 11209
- Dr. Chaim Charytan M.D.1874 Pelham Pkwy S Bronx NY 10461
- Dr. Gary Bruce Orin MD311 E 79th St New York NY 10075