Dr. John Dickinson practices Neurological Surgery in Bloomington, IL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Dickinson prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine D.O. 2012
- Neuro-oncology, Brain Tumor, Spine Tumors And More
- Spinal Deformities
- General Neurosurgery
- Herniated Disc
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- NeurointerventionDuel Stent-Assisted Coil Embolization for Fusiform Aneurysm Arising From Persistent Trigeminal Arter2016
Dr. John Douglas Dickinson D.O.'s Practice location
Bloomington, IL 61701Get Direction
IDAHO FALLS, ID 83404Get Direction
Dr. John Douglas Dickinson D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Dr. Phillip M. Porcelli D.O.1300 Franklin Ave Normal IL 61761
- Dr. Emilio M Nardone M.D.1015 S Mercer Ave Bloomington IL 61701
- Dr. Seth Shawn Molloy D.O., M.S.1827 Marina Dr Normal IL 61761
- Dr. Michael Anthony Casey D.O.1015 S Mercer Ave Bloomington IL 61701
- Dr. John S Soliman D.O.1300 Franklin Ave Normal IL 61761
- Dr. Jason Michael Seibly D.O.1015 S Mercer Ave Bloomington IL 61701