Dr. Ikechukwu Immanuel Akunyili MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology40 V TWIN DR GETTYSBURG PA, 17325
Dr. Ikechukwu Akunyili is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Miami, FL. Dr. Akunyili specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Dr. Ikechukwu Immanuel Akunyili MD's Practice location
Miami, FL 33136Get Direction
Washington, DC 20060Get Direction
GETTYSBURG, PA 17325Get Direction
Gettysburg, PA 17325Get Direction
Dr. Ikechukwu Immanuel Akunyili MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akunyili
- Superheroes Unite For Elementary Student Fighting Lymphoma
Anyone diagnosed with cancer knows how terrifying and debilitating the news can be. Now just imagine how horrible an experience it would be for an elementary school student to hear that they have cancer.It is a sad fact that thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer every year, and it is...
- Breaking News on the Treatment of Follicular Lymphoma
Reuters, the international news agency out of London, has announced that the FDA has given a new drug “accelerated approval,” for the treatment of follicular lymphoma.The drug, Aliqopa (copanlisib), showed complete or partial shrinkage of tumors in 59% of study participants during drug studies,...
- Lymphoma: The Importance of a Support System & Communication
Regardless of what’s being said, communication is something that many people struggle with in their personal relationships. Communication requires self-awareness, listening skills, and the ability to empathize and convey thoughts and feelings accurately. When people are diagnosed with chronic...
- This New Zealand Native Beat Cancer Eight Times
Being diagnosed with cancer can be a world-shaking experience. Going through the necessary chemotherapy and radiation treatment to beat cancer can be a difficult struggle, but coming out cancer-free feels incredibly liberating.Maybe it’s that feeling of having beaten cancer that can make suffering...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- Dr. Satish A Shah M.D.20 Expedition Trl Gettysburg PA 17325
- Dr. Uzoma Nwakuche MD40 V TWIN DR STE 104 GETTYSBURG PA 17325
- Dr. Robert Lamar Rice M.D.40 V Twin Drive Gettysburg PA 17325
- Dr. Tina Ashley Khair D.O.20 EXPEDITION TRL GETTYSBURG PA 17325
- Dr. Douglas Roscoe Jones MD20 Expedition Trail Gettysburg PA 17325
- Dr. Howard Ira Saiontz MD20 EXPEDITION TRL GETTYSBURG PA 17325