Dr. Anna A. Niewiarowska, MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology800 Ostrum St Suite 300 Bethlehem PA, 18015
Anna A. Niewiarowska, MD, is a top hematologist-oncologist who lends her skills and expertise to serve patients at Vita Medical Associates in Bethlehem, PA, where she works alongside Dr. Tomasz Niewiarowski. She has successfully led Vita Medical Associates to be the first oncology practice in Pennsylvania to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Dr. Niewiarowska additionally can be found on staff at St. Luke’s Health Network in Pennsylvania and often serves as principal investigator in clinical trials focused on gastrointestinal, breast, lung, and pancreatic cancer. With twenty-nine years of experience as a hematologist-oncologist, she specializes in personalized cancer therapy and advanced GI and lung cancers. Furthermore, she is seeking to become increasingly involved in clinical research on immunotherapy of pancreatic cancer. She aims to spread awareness of the importance of clinical trials in finding successful new treatments and cures for cancer. Dr. Niewiarowska has had her work published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as the Journal of Biological Chemistry and the International Journal of Cancer. Licensed to practice in the state of Philadelphia, she served on the Philadelphia Lymphoma Rounds Steering Committee.
Dr. Anna A. Niewiarowska, MD's Videos
Education and Training
Medical University of Warsaw medical degree 1982
American Board of Internal Medicine
Hematology (Internal Medicine)
Medical Oncology (Internal Medicine)
- BPM31510 Administered Intravenously With or Without Gemcitabine in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Patients
- Nab-Paclitaxel+Cisplatin+Gemcitabine in Patients With Previously Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma (PDA)
- Effect of Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields, 150 kHz) as Front-Line Treatment of Locally-advanced Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma Concomitant With Gemcitabine and Nab-paclitaxel (PANOVA-3)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014) Year
- Patients’ Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015) Year
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- International Society on Thrombosis & Hemostasis
- Pancreatic Cancer Research Team
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital hematology/oncology
- St. Lukes Hospital Bethlehem Campus
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Society of Hematology, Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer
Dr. Anna A. Niewiarowska, MD's Practice location
Bethlehem, PA 18015Get Direction
Bethlehem, PA 18015Get Direction
Dr. Anna A. Niewiarowska, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Niewiarowska
Get to know Hematologist-Oncologist Dr. Anna A. Niewiarowska, who serves patients in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
A triple board-certified hematologist-oncologist, Dr. Niewiarowska works alongside Dr. Tomasz Niewiarowski, MD, at Vita Medical Associates, P.C. in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Having been in clinical practice since 1992, her years in private practice honed her medical and technical expertise in the fields of medical oncology and hematology. She has a unique interest in personalized cancer therapy, and is the Principal Investigator in gastrointestinal, breast, lung and pancreatic cancer trials.
Under Dr. Niewiarowska’s guidance, Vita Medical Associates, P.C. has become one of the first oncology practices in the nation to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program. This initiative, on behalf of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), certified oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
Educated in Poland, Dr. Niewiarowska graduated with her medical degree from the Medical University of Warsaw in 1982. She subsequently pursued her internship and residencies at St. Luke’s Hospital – Bethlehem Campus, and completed her fellowship in hematology/oncology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.
A member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology, she is board-certified in medical oncology, hematology, and internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM). The ABIM is a physician-led, non-profit, independent evaluation organization driven by doctors who want to achieve higher standards for better care in a rapidly changing world.
An expert in her field, Dr. Niewiarowska’s research has been published in several medical journals, including the International Journal of Cancer and Journal of Biological Chemistry.
Hematology is the branch of medicine concerned with the study of the cause, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases related to blood. Oncology is a branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. A hematologist-oncologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of cancer, malignant blood diseases such as leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma, and blood disorders such as iron-deficiency anemia, clotting abnormalities, hemophilia, and sickle-cell disease.
Recognized for showing dedication, leadership and excellence in oncology, Dr. Niewiarowska has been the recipient of Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014) and Patients’ Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015).
- Astonishing Clinical Trial Results Show Promise for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Research
There’s good news for those who’ve been diagnosed with the aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) type referred to as diffuse large-B cell (DLBCL). According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), this type of HNL is the most common type of lymphoma.The descriptive letters clarify the type of...
- New Study Discovers How Lymphoma Affects Survivors’ Ability to Work
Young adults in many countries pride themselves on their work. They have worked hard to get to where they are and there is a huge sense of accomplishment in joining the adult world and being able to provide for themselves and their new families if applicable. When cancer comes along, their ability...
- How This Survivor Star Beat Hodgkin Lymphoma—Twice
Ethan Zohn is a survivor in many ways. In 2002, he outlasted 15 fiercely strong competitors on the popular TV show, Survivor: Africa. His strength, wit, athleticism, and perseverance won him a million-dollar prize after he defeated these opponents. However, his victory was short-lived. Little did he...
- Treatment Options of Multiple Myeloma
A team led by a consultant haematology specialist takes care of you if you are a multiple myeloma patient. The team discusses your situation and suggests the best treatment for you, but you will finally decide.It may be paramount to compile a list of questions which you will ask the specialist...
- Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi Discusses Struggles with Lymphoma
Tony Iommi is one of the few rock and roll legends who can say that they fulfilled the industry’s cliché act of getting the band back together. In 2011, the loss of a good friend brought the Black Sabbath guitarist Iommi back into contact with the band’s original lead vocalist, Ozzy Osbourne....
- The Link Between Lymphoma Radiotherapy and Mesothelioma
One of the more common forms of treatment for lymphoma is radiotherapy. This involves using radiation to kill the cancer cells in the lymph nodes. New studies have produced concerning findings regarding radiation therapy, and point towards another induced risk of using the practice.The StudyThe...
- Dr. Wenqing Zhang PHD, MD701 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Subhash C Proothi MD701 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Neil D Belman DO701 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Sindhu Nair M.D.801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Stephen E Campbell MD FACS701 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Alan N Morrison MD701 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015