Dr. Kavita Willesen is an internist practicing in Sandy, UT. Dr. Willesen specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Willesen provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of Mumbai / Goa Medical College 1992
Grant Government Medical College
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vascular Disease
- Georgetown University Hospital/Adventist Behavioral Health Program
Dr. Kavita G Willesen MD's Practice location
Sandy, UT 84094Get Direction
Dr. Kavita G Willesen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Willesen
- Jim s.
EXCELLENT, TRUSTWORTHY & LISTENS.
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Can Vaccinations Make My Infant Sleep Better?
Getting your child vaccinated in the afternoon will help him or her to sleep better in the following 24 hours, according to a new study. The study reports that infants who were vaccinated after 1:30 in the afternoon could sleep longer the following day.A small variation in the body temperature is...
- Fast Walking for a Fast Memory
Take a Walk Down Memory LaneWalking speed and strength of hand grip can help predict the risk of stroke and memory problems in old age, says a new study. “This forms a very basic test to predict the odds of getting these conditions in old age," says Erica C. Camargo MD, PhD. A decrease in walking...
- Summer Danger: Above Ground Pools Linked to Most Child Drownings
Portable pools are often associated with drowning in young children, according to a new study. A portable pool is a structure that is generally used in the place of an in-ground swimming pool or any water recreation. Researchers report that a child drowns in a portable pool every 5...
- Leptin Resistance: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leptin?Leptin has been regarded as the "fat hormone", "obesity hormone", and in some cases, called the "starvation hormone". Scientists discovered leptin in the year 1994, and with its discovery, there was a lot of excitement since it was regarded as a potential hit product for weight loss...
- How Can I Prevent Premature Graying?
As pigmentation cells stop producing the pigment, gray hair is the result. It may also be bleached by the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide, a chemical naturally produced in the body. In most cases, graying occurs by the time an individual is 30-years-old. Most people have gray hair by the time they...
- Dr. Mehrnoosh Shakeri MD, MPH7495 South State Street Midvale Utah 84047
- Dr. Michelle H Gilbert MD3460 Pioneer Pkwy Salt Lake City UT 84120
- Dr. Daniel Walter Yarrish M.D.1160 E 3900 S #1000 Salt Lake City UT 84124
- Dr. Rachel Mitchell M.D.333 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 84102
- Dr. Stephen S Aslami M.D.1160 East 3900 South Salt Lake City UT 84124
- Dr. Kent G Marshall MD700 W 800 N Orem UT 84057