Dr. James Blair is an anesthesiologist practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Blair ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Blair also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 1983
University of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences / College of Osteopathic Medicine 1983
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Anesthesiology
Dr. James L Blair D.O's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Odessa, TX 79761Get Direction
Dr. James L Blair D.O's reviewsWrite Review
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- Massachusetts Company Cannot Fire Worker for Using Medical Marijuana in Crohn’s Disease Management
The potential legalization of marijuana has been a "hot topic" for some years now, as certain states make moves for legalization and even more have approved the use of medical marijuana. However, not all employers necessarily condone those who work for them using the drug, even for medical purposes....
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- W. Bradley Worthington Nashville Tennessee
- Dr. Benjamin W Johnson M.D.2011 Murphy Ave Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Carl Stanberry MD3024 Business Park Cir Goodlettsville TN 37072
- Dr. Gilberto Carrero M.D.3024 Business Park Cir Goodlettsville TN 37072
- Dr. Christina Reiter MD801 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Stephanie Anne Bouvier M.D.2601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232