Dr. Brenda Shank practices Radiation Oncology in San Pablo, CA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Shank specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Dr. Brenda M. Shank MD, PHD's Practice location
San Pablo, CA 94806Get Direction
Dr. Brenda M. Shank MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which turned about to be stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Dr. Barbara L. Fowble M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Tania Betty Kaprealian MD200 Medical Plz Los Angeles CA 90095
- Dr. Jean L. Nakamura M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Naomi R. Schechter M.D.1600 Divisadero Ave Rm H1031 San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Sue Sun Yom M.D., PH.D.1600 Divisadero Street San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Joseph Charles Poen MD1350 S Eliseo Dr Greenbrae CA 94904