Dr. Andrew Kim M.D.
Allergist and Immunologist1300 Thornton St Suite 200 Fredericksburg VA, 22401
Dr. Andrew Kim practices Allergy and Immunology care in Fredericksburg, VA. Dr. Kim specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Kim provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1996
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- 1997 Vice President - MCV Chapter, American Medical Association
- Rush University Medical Center 2005 Pillsbury Fellow Award
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Allergy, Asthma, Immunology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL USA 2006
Dr. Andrew Kim M.D.'s Practice location
Fredericksburg, VA 22401Get Direction
Dr. Andrew Kim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- Immunosuppressive Drugs for Multiple Sclerosis
What is multiple sclerosis (MS)?Multiple sclerosis is a medical condition that affects the brain and the spinal cord. A few of the early symptoms of the disease are numbness, tingling sensation, blurry vision, and feeling weak. In this disease, the immune system tends to attack the myelin, which is...
- What are the Symptoms of Allergies?
The term allergy refers to the exaggerated immune response to certain foreign substances that normally may be harmless. These substances, which trigger an allergic response, are called allergens. The allergens may not trigger a similar response in everybody, and may remain harmless for others. Some...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- What Should I Know About Asthma Inhalers?
Inhalers are very popular, lifesaving medications for many who are suffering from asthma and other lung conditions. Knowing about the different types of inhalers and how to use them effectively is very important in controlling the conditions. An asthma inhaler is ideal to deliver the medication for...
- AIDS: What you Need to Know
HIV and AIDSAIDS and HIV go hand in hand. First, let's talk about HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). HIV attacks the body's immune system. This was first discovered in Central Africa from chimpanzees. It is believed to be transferred to humans when humans hunted chimpanzees and came in contact with...
- Are Ginseng Supplements Beneficial to my Health?
Ginseng supplements have been used for improving health for centuries in Asia and North America. Although this herbal medicine has been used for several medical conditions, it is not studied completely. Ginseng is of two basic types – Korean ginseng and American ginseng – and each have specific...
- Dr. Seth Craig M.D.1300 Thornton St Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Jonathan Daniel Mozena M.D.511 Park Hill Dr Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Jonathon Brian Posthumus MD511 Park Hill Dr Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Mark A Wenger M. D.511 Park Hill Dr Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Peter R. Smith M.D.511 Park Hill Dr Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Bonita Wesley Wilson M. D.511 Park Hill Dr Fredericksburg VA 22401