Dr. Hatem I El-shanti MD
Geneticist | Clinical Genetics (M.D.)200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Hatem El-shanti practices Genetic Medicine in Iowa City, IA. As a geneticist, Dr. El-shanti performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. El-shanti carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Education and Training
University Of Cairo, University Of Cairo, Faculty Of Medicine MD
University Of Cairo Faculty Of Medicine 1983
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Linkage analysis of a large inbred family with congenital megaloblastic anemia.
- Familial Mediterranean fever mutation frequencies and carrier rates among a mixed Arabic population.
- Consanguinity: implications for practice, research, and policy.
- Familial mediterranean Fever and renal disease.
- Autoinflammatory bone disorders.
- Neutrophil dysfunction in a family with a SAPHO syndrome-like phenotype.
- A homozygous mutation in human PRICKLE1 causes an autosomal-recessive progressive
Dr. Hatem I El-shanti MD's Practice location
Dr. Hatem I El-shanti MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. El-shanti
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- What is Neurofibromatosis?
Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects the development of nerve cells and tissues in the body, leading to the formation of tumors in different parts of the nervous system. These tumors, also known as neurofibromas, may develop in the brain, spinal cord, along the nerves, or under the...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Dr. Alvaro H Serrano russi MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nicole Pauline Safina MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Val C Sheffield MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Oleg A Shchelochkov MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Alpa Sidhu MD, PHD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Amy R. u. l. Calhoun M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242