Dr. Julio Antonio Solla M.D.
Colon and Rectal Surgeon1930 Alcoa Hwy Suite 240 Knoxville TN, 37920
Dr. Julio Solla is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Solla specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Solla often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1980
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Adenocarcinoma in a hemorrhoidectomy specimen: case report and review of the literature.
- Parastomal pyoderma gangrenosum: a case report and literature review.
- Procedure for prolapsed hemorrhoids for treatment of rectal mucosa prolapse following anorectoplasty for imperforate anus.
- Complete colonic obstruction caused by a sigmoid colon cancer incarcerated in an inguinal hernia sac.
- Laparoscopic repair of incidentally found Spigelian hernia.
- Wound infection in elective colon surgery.
- Breast cyst aspiration cytology.
- Primary retroperitoneal sarcomas.
- Diagnostic peritoneal lavage--the Brooke Army Medical Center experience.
- Internal anal sphincter: advances and insights.
Dr. Julio Antonio Solla M.D.'s Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37920Get Direction
Dr. Julio Antonio Solla M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Solla
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- Colonoscopy: What to Expect During Recovery
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure, wherein the rectum and the large intestine are checked. You do not need to stay overnight at the hospital or clinic unless your doctor needs to have additional tests done or needs you to be monitored for a short while.A colonoscopy can be used to identify...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- Dr. Mahdi M Budayr MD1027 E Lamar Alexander Pkwy Maryville TN 37804
- Dr. Gregory Panos Midis M.D.1819 W Clinch Ave Knoxville TN 37916
- Dr. Jay Alger Young MD101 E Blount Ave Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. James William Baker MD10810 PARKSIDE DR KNOXVILLE TN 37934
- Dr. Jose Fernando Aycinena MD1924 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Abner Michael Glover M.D.501 20th St Knoxville TN 37916