Dr. Nicholas John Giori M.D.
Orthopedist3801 Miranda Ave Palo Alto CA, 94304
Dr. Nicholas Giori is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Giori specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Giori tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1994
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Offset acetabular components introduce torsion on the implant and may increase the risk of fixation failure.
- A comparison of unicortical and bicortical end screw attachment of fracture fixation plates.
- Load-shifting brace treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee: a minimum 2 1/2-year follow-up study.
- The variability of femoral rotational alignment in total knee arthroplasty.
- Articular cartilage MR imaging and thickness mapping of a loaded knee joint before and after meniscectomy.
- Prepolarized magnetic resonance imaging around metal orthopedic implants.
- The high variability of tibial rotational alignment in total knee arthroplasty.
- Benefit of single-leaf resection for horizontal meniscus tear.
- Two ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction methods: the docking technique versus bioabsorbable interference screw fixation--a biomechanical evaluation with cyclic loading.
- Coronal plane stability before and after total knee arthroplasty.
- Posterior cruciate ligament removal contributes to abnormal knee motion during posterior stabilized total knee arthroplasty.
- Meniscectomy alters the dynamic deformational behavior and cumulative strain of tibial articular cartilage in knee joints subjected to cyclic loads.
- Timing of tourniquet release in total knee arthroplasty when using a postoperative blood salvage drain.
- A variable-stiffness shoe lowers the knee adduction moment in subjects with symptoms of medial compartment knee osteoarthritis.
- Saul Halpern MD Orthopedic Educator of the Year Award, Department of O 2002, 2002, 2002
- Clinical Biomechanics Award, American Society of Biomechanics 2005
- Mayo Clinic Adult Reconstructive Surgery 2000
- Mayo Clinic AZ 2000
Experience & Accolades
- Medical Director2003 - 2009 Bone and Joint Rehabilitation Research and Development Center
Dr. Nicholas John Giori M.D.'s Practice location
Palo Alto, CA 94304Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas John Giori M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Giori
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Everything You Need to Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
What is knee replacement surgery?Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to repair damaged knees. Replacement for your knee parts can help relieve pain and also make the knee joint active. For total knee replacement surgery, the doctor will remove the damaged cartilage and bone, and...
- Analgesic Drugs for Fibromyalgia
The main symptoms of fibromyalgia usually include muscle pain, stiffness in the morning after waking up, and painful tender points in various parts of the body. Other symptoms would include anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), painful menstrual cramps, tingling sensation...
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Dr. Alexander P Sah MD2000 Mowry Ave Fremont CA 94536
- Dr. Paul Eliot Hughes MD100 South Ellsworth Avenue San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. Anthony O. Spinnickie MD751 S BASCOM AVE SAN JOSE CA 95128
- Dr. Zackary Vaughn MD900 KIELY BLVD SANTA CLARA CA 95051
- Dr. Bruce E Ellison M.D.801 Brewster Avenue Redwood City CA 94063
- Zohra Jalal1055 Rollins Road Burlingame California 94010