Dr. Dennis C Shrieve M.D.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology626 Perrys Hollow Rd Salt Lake City UT, 84103
Dr. Dennis Shrieve practices Radiation Oncology in Salt Lake City, UT. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Shrieve specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1989
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- A novel alternative approach for prediction of radiation response of squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck.
- Intensity-modulated radiosurgery/radiotherapy using a micromultileaf collimator.
- Electron arc irradiation of the postmastectomy chest wall in locally recurrent
- Radiation and intensity-modulated radiotherapy for metastatic spine tumors.
- Role of stereotactic radiosurgery in the treatment of brain metastases.
- Basic principles of radiobiology applied to radiotherapy of benign intracranial tumors.
- Survival of men with clinically localized prostate cancer treated with prostatectomy, brachytherapy, or no definitive treatment: impact of age at diagnosis.
- Planned neck dissection after definitive radiotherapy or chemoradiation for base of tongue cancers.
- Radiation therapy is associated with improved survival in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma: results of a study from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) registry data.
- Multimodality management of brain metastases in metastatic melanoma patients.
- Small-cell carcinoma of the prostate.
- Conformity of LINAC-based stereotactic radiosurgery using dynamic conformal arcs and micro-multileaf collimator.
- Adjuvant EBRT improves survival in patients with lymph-node-negative pancreatic cancer.
- Novalis intensity-modulated radiosurgery: methods for pretreatment planning.
- Relative contributions of radiation and cisplatin-based chemotherapy to sensorineural hearing loss in head-and-neck cancer patients.
- Univ Ca Sf Med Ctr, Radiation Oncology; Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Dennis C Shrieve M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84103Get Direction
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84112Get Direction
Dr. Dennis C Shrieve M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shrieve
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- Reasons Why You Need a Radiation Therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the several treatment methods available for cancer. It is used to treat many different types of cancer. At least half of the patients with cancer receive radiation therapy during their cancer treatment. Radiation therapy can be used as the main treatment for your cancer...
- Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
Radiotherapy is a treatment that involves high-energy X-rays or particles, which kill cancerous cells. It is sometimes used to treat non-cancerous tumors. Studies have shown that almost half of people with cancer receive radiotherapy as a part of their treatment plan.The type of radiotherapy to be...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which was actually stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a double...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Dr. Michael Edward Montejo M.D.1950 Circle of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. Robert Jeffrey Lee M.D.3838 S 700 E Salt Lake City UT 84106
- Dr. William Thomas Sause M.D.8th Avenue And C St Salt Lake City UT 84143
- Dr. Ellen Ware Cooke MD2000 Circle Of Hope Dr Salt Lake City UT 84112
- Dr. Donald M Cannon MD1950 CIRCLE OF HOPE DR RM 1570 SALT LAKE CITY UT 84112
- Thomas Skidmore Other1250 E 3900 S Salt Lake City UT 84124