Dr. William B Silverman MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. William Silverman is a hepatologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Silverman specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Universite Libre De Bruxelles
UniversitÈ Libre de Bruxelles FacultÈ de MÈdecine 1984
- The effect of endoscopic sphincterotomy on acute and chronic complications of biliary endoprostheses.
- ERCP and stent therapy for progressive jaundice in hepatocellular carcinoma: which patients benefit, which patients don't?
- Modified sclerotherapy needle is reliable during sphincterotomy bleed: it works when you need it.
- Hybrid classification of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction based on simplified Milwaukee criteria: effect of marginal serum liver and pancreas test elevations.
- Hydraulic ERCP catheter and accessory exchange using a short guidewire.
- Modified tip of mechanical lithotripsy basket allows wire guide access.
- Double wire-assisted placement of a nasojejunal feeding tube across duodenal bulb stricture to the ligament of Treitz.
- Wireless capsule endoscopy: August 2002.
- Virtual colonoscopy.
- Endoscope repair by original equipment manufacturers and independent service organizations.
- Sclerosing cholangitis caused by old shrapnel injury.
- Nasobiliary tube management of postcholecystectomy bile leaks.
- Pancreaticobiliary Heimlich maneuver to facilitate stent placement during ERCP.
- The role of ERCP in patients with pancreatico-biliary problems in the setting of hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- Palliative endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of a malignant pancreatic cyst causing gastric outlet obstruction.
- Pancreatic Cancer
- MetroHealth Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- MetroHealth Medical Center Program
- ERCP-Endoscopic Retrograd Cholangiopancreatography, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Gastroenterology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Dr. William B Silverman MD's Practice location
Dr. William B Silverman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Silverman
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- The Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis A
Hepatitis A is a virus or infection which leads to liver disease or inflammation of the liver.Generally, the symptoms of Hepatitis A, also known as HAV develop after four weeks upon being infected. Not everyone will experience the symptoms, especially children. Look at your GP if you think that you...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Dr. Naurang Motilal Agrawal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Mirac N. Ince M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Douglas Richard Labrecque MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Antonio Jaime Sanchez M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael D Voigt MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. David E Elliott MD PHD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242