Dr. William B Silverman MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. William Silverman is a hepatologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Silverman specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Universite Libre De Bruxelles
UniversitÈ Libre de Bruxelles FacultÈ de MÈdecine 1984
- The effect of endoscopic sphincterotomy on acute and chronic complications of biliary endoprostheses.
- ERCP and stent therapy for progressive jaundice in hepatocellular carcinoma: which patients benefit, which patients don't?
- Modified sclerotherapy needle is reliable during sphincterotomy bleed: it works when you need it.
- Hybrid classification of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction based on simplified Milwaukee criteria: effect of marginal serum liver and pancreas test elevations.
- Hydraulic ERCP catheter and accessory exchange using a short guidewire.
- Modified tip of mechanical lithotripsy basket allows wire guide access.
- Double wire-assisted placement of a nasojejunal feeding tube across duodenal bulb stricture to the ligament of Treitz.
- Wireless capsule endoscopy: August 2002.
- Virtual colonoscopy.
- Endoscope repair by original equipment manufacturers and independent service organizations.
- Sclerosing cholangitis caused by old shrapnel injury.
- Nasobiliary tube management of postcholecystectomy bile leaks.
- Pancreaticobiliary Heimlich maneuver to facilitate stent placement during ERCP.
- The role of ERCP in patients with pancreatico-biliary problems in the setting of hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- Palliative endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of a malignant pancreatic cyst causing gastric outlet obstruction.
- Autoimmune pancreatitis: more common and important than we thought?
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrojejunostomy tube placement in healthy dogs and cats.
- Outcome of ERCP in the management of duct-to-duct anastomotic strictures in orthotopic liver transplant.
- ERCP and prophylactic pancreatic stents: raising the bar, reducing the pain.
- Intrahepatic trifistula causing bilhemia and hemobilia resulting from transjugular liver biopsy in the setting of biliary tract obstruction (with video).
- Ampulla of Vater as seen on capsule endoscopy (with video).
- Biliary sphincter of Oddi dysfunction type I versus occult biliary microlithiasis in post-cholecystectomy patients: are they both part of the same clinical entity?
- Long-term biliary endoscopic sphincterotomy restenosis: incidence, endoscopic
- Endoscopic placement of a Foley catheter across a stricture and rectovaginal fistula to perform a barium enema.
- Clinical outcome of single plastic stent treatment of benign iatrogenic biliary strictures: is the outcome predetermined?
- Air leakage in multiple compartments after endoscopy.
- Improved use of a minisnare and guide wire for removal of a large-bore endoprosthesis.
- Post-ERCP pancreatitis: randomized, prospective study comparing a low- and high-osmolality contrast agent.
- Improved distal tip of a double-lumen cytology brush.
- Simple method for making triple-lumen needle-knife papillotome.
- Cholestatic jaundice induced by ciprofloxacin.
- Modified Soehendra stent extractor.
- Tapered-tip, triple-lumen papillotome/cannula facilitates cannulation yet accepts
- Duplication cyst of the pancreatic duct presenting as pancreatitis.
- Improved method to inject contrast material during ERCP while using a triple-lumen papillotome and guidewire.
- Pancreatic Cancer
- MetroHealth Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- MetroHealth Medical Center Program
- ERCP-Endoscopic Retrograd Cholangiopancreatography, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Gastroenterology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Dr. William B Silverman MD's Practice location
Dr. William B Silverman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Silverman
- The Signs and Symptoms of Hepatitis A
Hepatitis A is a virus or infection which leads to liver disease or inflammation of the liver.Generally, the symptoms of Hepatitis A, also known as HAV develop after four weeks upon being infected. Not everyone will experience the symptoms, especially children. Look at your GP if you think that you...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is attributed to an abnormal condition which causes a scarring of the liver that damages the functioning of the liver considerably. There are a number of factors that can result in the cirrhosis of the liver such as consuming excessive alcohol, viral hepatitis, other liver disease and so...
- Dr. Naurang Motilal Agrawal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Douglas Richard Labrecque MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Mirac N. Ince M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Antonio Jaime Sanchez M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Somia Mian MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael D Voigt MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242