Dr. William B Silverman MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. William Silverman is a hepatologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Silverman specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Universite Libre De Bruxelles
UniversitÈ Libre de Bruxelles FacultÈ de MÈdecine 1984
- The effect of endoscopic sphincterotomy on acute and chronic complications of biliary endoprostheses.
- ERCP and stent therapy for progressive jaundice in hepatocellular carcinoma: which patients benefit, which patients don't?
- Modified sclerotherapy needle is reliable during sphincterotomy bleed: it works when you need it.
- Hybrid classification of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction based on simplified Milwaukee criteria: effect of marginal serum liver and pancreas test elevations.
- Hydraulic ERCP catheter and accessory exchange using a short guidewire.
- Modified tip of mechanical lithotripsy basket allows wire guide access.
- Double wire-assisted placement of a nasojejunal feeding tube across duodenal bulb stricture to the ligament of Treitz.
- Wireless capsule endoscopy: August 2002.
- Virtual colonoscopy.
- Endoscope repair by original equipment manufacturers and independent service organizations.
- Sclerosing cholangitis caused by old shrapnel injury.
- Nasobiliary tube management of postcholecystectomy bile leaks.
- Pancreaticobiliary Heimlich maneuver to facilitate stent placement during ERCP.
- The role of ERCP in patients with pancreatico-biliary problems in the setting of hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- Palliative endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of a malignant pancreatic cyst causing gastric outlet obstruction.
- Pancreatic Cancer
- MetroHealth Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- MetroHealth Medical Center Program
- ERCP-Endoscopic Retrograd Cholangiopancreatography, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN
- Gastroenterology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Dr. William B Silverman MD's Practice location
Dr. William B Silverman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Silverman
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hepatitis
Hepatitis is mainly an infection of the Liver. The condition of a person suffering from hepatitis can either be self-limiting, progressing to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis, or liver cancer. hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis, but other causes spreading the same infection may...
- Dr. Konrad Schulze MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Dr. Naurang Motilal Agrawal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Mirac N. Ince M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Douglas Richard Labrecque MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jeffrey Dunkelberg MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Antonio Jaime Sanchez M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242