Dr. Hugh Windom practices Allergy and Immunology care in Sarasota, FL. Dr. Windom specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Windom provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Lack of evidence for beta-2 receptor selectivity: a study of metaproterenol, fenoterol, isoproterenol, and epinephrine in patients with asthma.
- Neopterin quantification in acute severe asthma.
- The pulmonary and extrapulmonary effects of inhaled beta-agonists in patients with asthma.
- Cyclosporin therapy for steroid resistant nephrotic focal glomerulosclerosis.
- The self-administration of inhaled beta agonist drugs during severe asthma.
- Inadequate outpatient medical therapy for patients with asthma admitted to two urban hospitals.
- Immunotherapy. When indicated and how it works.
- Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Allergy And Immunology; Georgetown Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Hugh H Windom M.D.'s Practice location
Sarasota, FL 34239Get Direction
Dr. Hugh H Windom M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Autoimmune Disorders Affect Birth Rates
New research suggests that more than half of women who suffer from autoimmune disorders, like rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and lupus, have fewer babies than planned. This study is the first of its kind to find an association between autoimmune disorders and different conditions, like infertility,...
- Can Asthma Only Be Induced by Allergies?
Asthma describes the conditions and complications following the narrowing of bronchioles within lungs. This results in shortness of breath, coughing and a kind of loud wheezing accompanied by chest tightening.Although asthma can be cured, treated and managed with certain medications and natural...
- How is Chicken Pox Diagnosed?
Chicken pox is a very serious viral disease that results from the varicella zoster virus. The most common sign and indicator of chicken pox is the blistering rash all over one's body. The symptoms are more evident during the cold season, and young children are to be vaccinated against the disease....
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- How Local Honey Treats Allergies
What are Allergies?An allergy can be defined as a hypersensitive response of the immune system to certain substances that come in contact with the body or enter the body. For example, pollen, any food substance, or venom may cause allergic reactions. The substance that is known to cause an allergy...
- Dr. Donna M Jamieson M.D.2650 Bahia Vista St Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Frederick L Bloom M.D.2650 Bahia Vista St Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Michele Henson MD2068 Hawthorne St Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Jean Marie brown Ly M.D.3570 S TUTTLE AVE SARASOTA FL 34239
- Dr. John Paul Cella M.D.5701 21st Ave W Bradenton FL 34209
- Dr. Roger Noland Danziger M.D.5404 Cortez Rd W Bradenton FL 34210