Dr. Brian Kenneth Brighton MD, MPH
Orthopaedic Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC, 28203
Dr. Brian Brighton is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Brighton specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Brighton tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Brighton treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Education and Training
Boston University School of Medicine 2002
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Evidence-based medicine and clinical trials in pediatric orthopaedics.
- National Surgical Quality Improvement Program-Pediatric (NSQIP) and the Quality of Surgical Care in Pediatric Orthopaedics.
- Open Reduction Techniques for Supracondylar Humerus Fractures in Children.
- Transphyseal Fracture of the Distal Humerus.
- Cerebral Palsy
- Back Pain
- Birth Defects
- Broken Ankle
- Abnormal Gait
- Member Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Cleveland Clinic 2008
- Children's Hospital Boston, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, MA, USA 2009
- Children's Hospital Boston, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Brian Kenneth Brighton MD, MPH's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28203Get Direction
CHARLOTTE, NC 28207Get Direction
Dr. Brian Kenneth Brighton MD, MPH's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brighton
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- Muscular Dystrophy in Children
Muscular dystrophy or MD is a genetic disorder that stops the body from producing enough proteins to develop the muscles and keep them healthy. This fault in the genetic structure slowly weakens the body as the person ages. It is really heartbreaking to hear a parent say, “My child has muscular...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Dr. Christian Clark MD1915 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Matthew Craig Beran M.D.1915 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Brian Scannell MD1915 RANDOLPH RD CHARLOTTE NC 28207
- Dr. Franklin Keith Gettys MD1616 Scott Ave Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. John Michael Wattenbarger MD1915 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207
- Dr. Virginia Fishburne Casey MD1915 Randolph Rd Charlotte NC 28207