Dr. Emilia Matos is a pediatrician practicing in Yuma, AZ. Dr. Matos is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Matos diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Matos can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Urena (Unphu) MD
Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Urena (Unphu) 1977
- Hurley Med Ctr, Pediatrics San Juan City Hosp, Pediatrics Dr R E Betances-Mayaguez M C, Pediatrics
- Hurley Med Center
Dr. Emilia Matos M.D.'s Practice location
Yuma, AZ 85364Get Direction
Dr. Emilia Matos M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Matos
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- The Autism and Vaccine Debate
There has been a heated debate across the US on whether vaccines could be potentially damaging to children. Some have strong opinions on this subject, but as always, people are encouraged to understand the facts to help them come to their own conclusions.This article is not meant to change...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Former Rock Stars Develop App to Teach Music to Children with Autism
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 59 children in the United States has been diagnosed with autism. Being a complex developmental disorder, autism encompasses several impairments including persistent challenges in speech and nonverbal communication, accompanied by...
- 10 Steps to Improve Communication with Your Child with Autism
At four years of age, children with autism ultimately develop language, as language is as just as important to children with autism just as it is to everyone else. However, because it takes some time for these children to develop fully when it comes to communication, some challenges are imminent....
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.2400 S. Avenue A Yuma AZ 85364
- Dr. Jose Labib Munoz M.D.1896 BABBIT LN SAN LUIS AZ 85349
- Dr. Jean M. Amon M.D.1896 E. Babbit Ln San Luis AZ 85349
- Dr. Roderic Joel Hartman M.D.1896 E BABBITT LANE SAN LUIS AZ 85349
- Dr. Daniel Wayne Crawford MD2359 22nd Drive Yuma AZ 85364
- Dr. Habib Elias Rathle MD1025 W 24th St Yuma AZ 85364