Dr. Ronald A Shugar MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology98 James St Suite 104 Edison NJ, 08820
Dr. Ronald Shugar is a gastroenterologist practicing in Edison, NJ. Dr. Shugar specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Shugar performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1969
New York Medical College 1969
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Beth Israel Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Dr. Ronald A Shugar MD's Practice location
Edison, NJ 08820Get Direction
Dr. Ronald A Shugar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shugar
- Blood in Your Stool: Where Does It Come From?
Where does the bleeding come from?Bleeding that causes blood in the stool can develop in any part of the gastrointestinal tract....
- What Is Liver Cancer: Get the Facts
Liver cancer happens when the liver's normal cells change in behavior and appearance. As a result, the abnormal liver cells divide and grow uncontrollably. Liver cancer is also referred to as "hepatic cancer", which can either be primary or secondary. The liver is a large organ that is located...
- Experimental Drug May Ease Gluten-Triggered Reactions in Celiac Patients
Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that is characterized by the body’s immune system attacking the digestive tract. In celiac disease, the immune system assaults and destroys the villi of the small intestine. When these villi are damaged, the intestines can no longer absorb nutrients...
- How to Get Rid of Your Bloated Belly
Abdominal bloating can affect your looks and cause considerable discomfort. But according to experts, abdominal bloating can be controlled and avoided easily. Abdominal bloating does not refer to the extra pounds of fat stored in the abdomen, but the temporary distension that affects from...
- What Is Traveler's Diarrhea?
Traveler’s diarrhea is an infection of the stomach or intestine caused by consuming contaminated food and water. This travel-related infection is commonly seen in developing countries. Traveler's diarrhea is also known as Turista, Delhi Belly, and Montezuma's Revenge in other parts of the world....
- Probiotics May Not Relieve Constipation in Children
According to a new study published in the journal, Pediatrics, probiotics may not improve constipation in children more than any other dairy product that does not contain probiotics. This is different from the effect of probiotics in adults where it is supposed to give good relief from...
- Dr. Victor W. Groisser M.D.37 Glen Ave West Orange NJ 7052
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Democleia Panagou Gottesman MD415 Ocean View Ave Brooklyn NY 11235
- Dr. Alan R. Gingold D.O.511 Courtyard Drive Hillsborough New Jersey 8844
- Anaka Prakash534 Avenue East Bayonne New Jersey 07002
- Dr. Rini Abraham M.D.88 Park St Montclair New Jersey 07042