Dr. James W. Jakub MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology200 1st St SW Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. James Jakub is a surgical oncologist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Jakub specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Med Coll of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 1995
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Re: Importance of lymphatic mapping in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): why map
- The staging of malignant melanoma and the Florida Melanoma Trial.
- Novel techniques in sentinel lymph node mapping and localization of nonpalpable breast lesions: the Moffitt experience.
- Benign mechanical transport of breast epithelial cells to sentinel lymph nodes.
- Double-blind randomized phase II study of the combination of sorafenib and dacarbazine in patients with advanced melanoma: a report from the 11715 Study Group.
- False negative rate for frozen section analysis of SLNs.
- Colon cancer and low lymph node count: who is to blame?
- Metastasectomy and surgical resection of the primary tumor in patients with stage IV breast cancer: time for a second look?
- Mayo Clinic consensus recommendations for the depth of excision in primary cutaneous melanoma.
- A positive intramammary lymph node does not mandate a complete axillary node dissection.
- Diabetic mastopathy as a radiographically occult palpable breast mass.
- In-transit melanoma: an individualized approach.
- Natural history of merkel cell carcinoma following locoregional recurrence.
- Invasive lobular carcinoma of the nipple.
- Balancing venous thromboembolism and hematoma after breast surgery.
- Palmetto Hlth Alliance, General Surgery
- University Sc/Richland Mem Hospital
Dr. James W. Jakub MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. James W. Jakub MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jakub
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- Alternative Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Alternative Treatments for Bladder CancerCancer occurs in various stages, and as it moves from one stage to another, it gets worse. Therefore, as the condition progresses, more effective methods of treatment have to be applied. At times, even two treatment methods can be applied together.In...
- Ovarian Cancer Is Not Only Deadly, But Very Hard to Detect. Women Need to Stay Vigilant
September is known as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer of the cells of the ovaries. It can occur in several different parts of the ovary, including the germ, stromal or epithelial cells. Germ cells are the cells that become eggs, stromal cells make up the substance...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Timothy O Wilson M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Victor M. Zaydfudim M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Kellie L Mathis M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Kimberly Vanderveen M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Twinkle K Pandian MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Clancy J Clark MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905