Dr. Nilofer Saba Azad MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1650 Orleans St Bunting-Blaustein Bu Baltimore MD, 21231
Dr. Azad is an assistant professor of oncology at the Kimmel Cancer Center, with board certifications in medical oncology and internal medicine. She is developing a Phase I/II drug program for the GI ...
Education and Training
Sind Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- The ongoing evolution of proteomics in malignancy.
- CHFR silencing or microsatellite instability is associated with increased antitumor activity of docetaxel or gemcitabine in colorectal cancer.
- The utility of molecular testing in colorectal cancer: the promise needs progress.
- Anticancer activity of the type I insulin-like growth factor receptor antagonist, ganitumab, in combination with the death receptor 5 agonist, conatumumab.
- A Phase I study of veliparib (ABT-888) in combination with low-dose fractionated whole abdominal radiation therapy in patients with advanced solid malignancies and peritoneal carcinomatosis.
- Epigenetic therapy for solid tumors: from bench science to clinical trials.
- A robust and rapid liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometric method for the quantitative analysis of 5-azacytidine.
- A final report of a phase I study of veliparib (ABT-888) in combination with low-dose fractionated whole abdominal radiation therapy (LDFWAR) in patients with advanced solid malignancies and peritoneal carcinomatosis with a dose escalation in ovarian
- The oral VEGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor pazopanib in combination with the MEK inhibitor trametinib in advanced cholangiocarcinoma.
- A Phase 1/2 Safety Study of Intratumorally Dosed INT230-6
- Study of Encorafenib + Cetuximab Plus or Minus Binimetinib vs. Irinotecan/Cetuximab or Infusional 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU)/Folinic Acid (FA)/Irinotecan (FOLFIRI)/Cetuximab With a Safety Lead-in of Encorafenib + Binimetinib + Cetuximab in Patients With BRAF V600E-mutant Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- A Study of Enhancing Response to MK-3475 in Advanced Colorectal Cancer
- Phase I Study of SGI-110 With Irinotecan Followed by Randomized Phase II Study of SGI-110 With Irinotecan Versus Regorafenib or TAS-102 in Previously Treated Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- A Phase II Trial to Improve Outcomes in Patients With Resected Pancreatic Cancer (Azacitidine, Abraxane, Gemcitabine)
- Palliative Stereotactic Radiation for Pancreatic or Periampullary Adenocarcinoma
- Study of ASTX029 in Subjects With Advanced Solid Tumors
- Anal Cancer, Bile Duct Cancer, Clinical Trials And More
Dr. Nilofer Saba Azad MD's Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21231Get Direction
WASHINGTON, DC 20016Get Direction
Dr. Nilofer Saba Azad MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Azad
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Continues to Work on Veep After Breast Cancer Treatment
In September 2017, Dreyfus announced on social media that she was diagnosed with breast cancer, in hopes of inspiring others who are going through the same experience. “1 in 8 women get breast cancer. Today, I’m the one. The good news is that I have the most glorious group of supportive and...
- Ovarian Cancer: What Every Young Woman Must Know
Any type of cancer diagnosis can be startling and overwhelming; however, an ovarian cancer diagnosis can be even more upsetting to women and their loved ones because of its high mortality rate. Ovarian cancer, often referred to as the “silent killer”, is known as the 5th most common and...
- Innovative New Technique Improves Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Despite only using a conventional optical microscope, researchers have found a way to see farther and more detailed into what they are studying. This is by using expansion microscopy, expanding the size of what they are observing, instead of intensifying the microscope at a high cost. This technique...
- Can a 3D Printed Robot Diagnose Breast Cancer?
After skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women in the United States. Breast cancer can occur in both women and men but is 100 times more likely to occur in women than it is in men.Screening is often done to look for cancer in people who are at risk of developing...
- What OB-GYNs Wish Their Patients Knew about Ovarian Cancer
There are numerous things OB-GYN providers want their patients to know about ovarian cancer.For instance, that it is somewhat rare, but deadly. It ranks 5th in cancer deaths among women. Due primarily to the diagnostic issues noted below, about 70% of women are unfortunately in the most advanced...
- Dr. Johann Brandes MD, PHD1650 Orleans Street Baltimore MD 21231
- Dr. Kit Lu M.D.4940 Eastern Ave Baltimore MD 21224
- Dr. Julie Brahmer M.D.401 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21231
- Dr. Stephanie Louise Gaillard MD, PHD401 N BROADWAY BALTIMORE MD 21231
- Dr. Douglas Gladstone M.D.1650 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Ting Bao M.D.22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201