Dr. Scott Canna practices Pediatric Rheumatology in Denver, CO. Pediatric rheumatologists treat child patients who suffer from pain in the musculoskeletal system, have symptoms of arthritis, or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Canna evaluates and treats a variety of joint, muscle, and bone disorders; including autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, Kawasaki disease, post-infectious arthritis, chronic vasculitis, and inflammatory disorders of the muscle, eye, or other organs. Dr. Canna also is trained in the evaluation of prolonged fever, unexplained complaints of chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, and/or loss of function or skills.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Not all hemophagocytes are created equally: appreciating the heterogeneity of the hemophagocytic syndromes.
- Making sense of the cytokine storm: a conceptual framework for understanding, diagnosing, and treating hemophagocytic syndromes.
- Editorial: interferon-γ: friend or foe in systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis and adult-onset Still's Disease?
- Molecular mechanisms in genetically defined autoinflammatory diseases: disorders of amplified danger signaling.
- New monogenic autoinflammatory diseases--a clinical overview.
- IL-10 distinguishes a unique population of activated, effector-like CD8 T cells in murine acute liver inflammation.
- No shortcuts: new findings reinforce why nuance is the rule in genetic autoinflammatory syndromes.
- NLRC4 inflammasomopathies.
Dr. Scott W Canna MD's Practice location
Denver, CO 80262Get Direction
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
PITTSBURGH, PA 15224Get Direction
Denver, CO 80262Get Direction
Dr. Scott W Canna MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Laparoscopic Treatment of Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a disease that affects women. It is characterized by a growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. It is characterized by pelvic pain and infertility. Different treatment options are available, one of which is laparoscopic treatment. For many women diagnosed with...
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving, According to New Research
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- 14 Warning Signs of Lupus
When the body attacks its own cells and organs including the skin, joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood, and brain, the condition is called lupus. It is an autoimmune disease brought about because the body can’t distinguish between healthy cells and foreign germs or viruses. It is a chronic...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed world of healthcare. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a never ending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...