Dr. Hameed Koury is a general surgeon practicing in Richmond, KY. Dr. Koury specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Koury provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1987
University of Kentucky College of Medicine 1987
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital Program
Dr. Hameed I Koury M.D.'s Practice location
Richmond, KY 40475Get Direction
RICHMOND, KY 40475Get Direction
Dr. Hameed I Koury M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Koury
- How is the Recovery for a Cholecystectomy?
How long does it take for you to recover from a cholecystectomy? The length of the recovery period depends on whether you had a laparoscopic or open cholecystectomy. Many people who have keyhole surgery are released from the hospital the same day of the surgery. It may take up to 2 weeks for these...
- What is a Neck Lift?
The neck often ages at a more rapid rate, compared to the face. Moreover, the neck is a very delicate area, and if you put on any extra pounds, fat tends to store there. Although you may have put in the effort to lose any extra weight you may have gained, the neck is the last part of the body that...
- Stomach Ulcers: What are the Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment?
Stomach ulcers are painful lesions that are found in the lining of your stomach or small intestine. They are the most visible sign of peptic ulcer disease. Your stomach and small intestine are lined by a layer of mucus-producing cells. The mucus produced by these cells protect the lining of your...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Dr. Christian Knecht M.D.1110 LANCASTER RD STE 3 RICHMOND KY 40475
- Dr. Richard A Stone M.D.793 Eastern Byp Richmond KY 40475
- Dr. Samuel Delbert Fritz M.D.318 Geri Ln Richmond KY 40475
- Dr. Anthony James Nigliazzo M.D.305 ESTILL ST BEREA KY 40403
- Dr. Mary ellen Theresa Shields M.D.305 Estill St Berea KY 40403
- Dr. Rebecca Diane Bartee DO1111 Mccann Dr Winchester KY 40391