Dr. Catherine Q Howe MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry2100 Western Ave #44 Seattle WA, 98121
Dr. Howe is a UW acting assistant professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. She works as a consulting psychiatrist in the Mental Health Integration Program and at the UW Medicine ...
- Range image statistics can explain the anomalous perception of length.
- The statistical structure of human speech sounds predicts musical universals.
- Size contrast and assimilation explained by the statistics of natural scene geometry.
- The Müller-Lyer illusion explained by the statistics of image-source relationships.
- Natural-scene geometry predicts the perception of angles and line orientation.
- The Poggendorff illusion explained by natural scene geometry.
- Comparison of Bayesian and empirical ranking approaches to visual perception.
- Opioid therapy for chronic pain in the United States: promises and perils.
- The missing 'P' in pain management: how the current opioid epidemic highlights the need for psychiatric services in chronic pain care.
- Psychiatric and psychological perspectives on chronic pain.
- UW - Dept. of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Dr. Catherine Q Howe MD's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98121Get Direction
SEATTLE, WA 98105Get Direction
Dr. Catherine Q Howe MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Howe
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- 10 Tips For Managing and Reducing Anxiety
Living with constant and excessive anxiety is not easy. Many people with anxiety struggle every day to find relief, but often fall short. This is because controlling anxiety is a long-term process and cannot be completed overnight. If you truly want to learn to manage your anxiety and regain control...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Adderall for ADHD: Does it Work?
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine salt and 25% levoamphetamine salt. It belongs to the drug class of central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Are You Dating a Sociopath?
The following are some traits that will show you are dating a sociopath:1. Charismatic and charmingImage is everything for a sociopath. The priority for a sociopath is the image that he or she gives to the world. They have a very charismatic and charming nature, and will try to constantly flatter...
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Vernon Neppe MD, PHD6808 44th Avenue Northeast Seattle Washington 98115
- Ms. Heidi S. Summers MD5837 221st Place Southeast Issaquah Washington 98027
- Dr. Anne Marie Arvidson M.D.1823 Queen Anne Ave N Seattle Washington 98109
- Dr. Mehri D Moore M.D.400 108th Ave NE Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Michelle Jeannette M.D.1145 Broadway Seattle WA 98122