Dr. Charmaine A Stewart M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology200 1st St SW Rochester MN, 55905
Dr. Charmaine Stewart is a gastroenterologist practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Stewart specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Stewart performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Transplant Hepatology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Grading portal gastropathy: validation of a gastropathy scoring system.
- Acarbose treatment in liver disease: cognitive or glycemic control?
- Hepatic encephalopathy: a dynamic or static condition.
- Minimal hepatic encephalopathy.
- The cognitive profile of depressed patients with cirrhosis.
- The effects of poor sleep quality on cognitive function of patients with cirrhosis.
- Hepatology, Cirrhosis, Liver Transplant
- Strong Memorial Hospital 1991
- University of Rochester Medical Center
Dr. Charmaine A Stewart M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Minneapolis, MN 55414Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53705Get Direction
Dr. Charmaine A Stewart M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stewart
- Foods to Avoid When Suffering From IBS
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a common functional disorder of the gut. A functional disorder means that there is a problem with the function of a body part but not its structure. IBS affects the large intestines. It causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation. IBS...
- Celiac Disease: Five New Developments to Know About
When you have celiac disease or one of your family members has the disease, caution should always be taken so as not to trigger the pain and other complications that might be brought by the emergence of this disease. Since celiac disease has no known medication yet, a total abstinence from any food...
- Scientists Discover What Drives Inflammation in Irritable Bowel Disorder
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), an umbrella term used to describe disorders that trigger chronic inflammation in the digestive tract, remains a clinical puzzle. Current treatments are not effective for all individuals with IBD and many even stop working with time. However, regardless of their...
- How Walnuts Can Improve Gut Bacteria
Long heralded as a superfood with health benefits, walnuts may get a new superlative as a food magician, helping to transform the gut microbiota to healthy. That’s the finding from a new study out of the Louisiana State University (LSU), New Orleans School of Medicine. The ResearchThe team from...
- Diarrhea: The Top 10 Questions
Is diarrhea a sign of early pregnancy?Diarrhea is a very common sign of early pregnancy. Every woman is different and so are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman experiences the same symptoms. Hence, diarrhea is also not a symptom that every pregnant woman experiences, although it’s quite...
- What are the Risks to a Cholecystectomy?
A cholecystectomy is often performed to remove gallstones. This usually causes pain and complications within the bile duct and gallbladder. There are also risks associated with this procedure. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is usually safe and heals quickly. This involves the insertion of a small...
- Dr. Todd H. Baron M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill North Carolina 27514
- Dr. Yvonne Romero M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Laura E Raffals M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Elizabeth Rajan M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Kenneth W Schroeder M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Vandana Nehra M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905