Dr. Timothy Duane Starner MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Timothy Starner practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Starner treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine 1995
- Lysozyme secretion by submucosal glands protects the airway from bacterial infection.
- Modulation of airway inflammation by Haemophilus influenzae isolates associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa rugose small-colony variants have adaptations that likely promote persistence in the cystic fibrosis lung.
- Tracheomalacia is associated with lower FEV1 and Pseudomonas acquisition in children with CF.
- Growth of preschool age children receiving daily inhaled corticosteroids.
- Neonates with cystic fibrosis have a reduced nasal liquid pH; a small pilot study.
- Assessment of clinical response to ivacaftor with lung clearance index in cystic fibrosis patients with a G551D-CFTR mutation and preserved spirometry: a randomised controlled trial.
- Multiple-Breath Washout as a Lung Function Test in Cystic Fibrosis. A Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Workshop Report.
- Development of an in vitro colonization model to investigate Staphylococcus aureus interactions with airway epithelia.
- Implementation of cystic fibrosis clinical pathways improved physician adherence to care guidelines.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA Pediatric Pulmonary
Dr. Timothy Duane Starner MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53792Get Direction
Dr. Timothy Duane Starner MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Starner
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening, inherited disorder, which affects the secretory glands producing mucus and sweat. Fluids secreted by the glands are usually thin. In this disease, the secretions become thick and sticky and block all passageways and ducts, particularly of the lungs and...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- Bronchitis in Children
Children when they get a cold also tend to get a cough. In most of the cases, it occurs due to bronchitis which is an inflammation of the lining of the trachea and bronchi. It is usually a mild illness that affects children.Having a child who is constantly getting a cold or having breathing problems...
- Dr. Christoph O. Randak M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Miles M Weinberger MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Robert Jesse Blount M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Richard C Ahrens MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Carrie K. Barker M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Rebecca Larie Wukovich M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242