Dr. Timothy Duane Starner MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Timothy Starner practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Starner treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine 1995
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Lysozyme secretion by submucosal glands protects the airway from bacterial infection.
- Modulation of airway inflammation by Haemophilus influenzae isolates associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa rugose small-colony variants have adaptations that likely promote persistence in the cystic fibrosis lung.
- Tracheomalacia is associated with lower FEV1 and Pseudomonas acquisition in children with CF.
- Growth of preschool age children receiving daily inhaled corticosteroids.
- Neonates with cystic fibrosis have a reduced nasal liquid pH; a small pilot study.
- Assessment of clinical response to ivacaftor with lung clearance index in cystic fibrosis patients with a G551D-CFTR mutation and preserved spirometry: a randomised controlled trial.
- Multiple-Breath Washout as a Lung Function Test in Cystic Fibrosis. A Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Workshop Report.
- Development of an in vitro colonization model to investigate Staphylococcus aureus interactions with airway epithelia.
- Implementation of cystic fibrosis clinical pathways improved physician adherence to care guidelines.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA Pediatric Pulmonary
Dr. Timothy Duane Starner MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
MADISON, WI 53792Get Direction
Dr. Timothy Duane Starner MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Starner
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- Epinephrine for Quick Croup Relief
Croup is a childhood illness that can cause distress to children, especially at night. It is characterized by stridor and a barking cough. This viral condition results in laryngeal and tracheal swelling.Although most cases of croup are successfully managed at home, there are still cases where...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Dr. Christoph O. Randak M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Miles M Weinberger MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Robert Jesse Blount M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Richard C Ahrens MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Carrie K. Barker M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Anthony John Fischer M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242