Dr. Dr. Ammar Ghanem, MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1540 Lake Lansing Rd Suite 205 Lansing MI, 48912
Dr. Ammar Ghanem practices Pulmonary and sleep medicine in East Lansing. He has 15 years of experience. He takes new patients with any complain related to his speciality including shortness of breath or abnormal imaging of the chest.
Doctor Ghanem did part of his fellowship training in West Virginia and the other part at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
he is board certified in pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine. He is also privileged to obtain special pulmonary procedures including navigation Bronchoscpy and EndoBronchial UltraSound.
Education and Training
Damascus University College of Medicine MD
University of Damascus / Faculty of Medicine 1994
Critical Care Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Pulmonary Disease (Internal Medicine)
Sleep Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Medical director of PACCSA of Lansing PACCSA of Lansing 2017 - Present
- Core faculty member MGL pulmonary fellowship 2021 - Present
- American College of Chest Physicians
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Vice chair of Syrian American Medical Society Foundation
Dr. Dr. Ammar Ghanem, MD's Practice location
Lansing, MI 48912Get Direction
ROCHESTER HILLS, MI 48307Get Direction
Dr. Dr. Ammar Ghanem, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ghanem
- Pink Puffer and Blue Bloater: What Are They?
No, they are not names of mythical characters from a fantasy novel. Far from it, really! As charming as their names sound, "pink puffer" is not the furry little pink creature that you are tempted to imagine nor is the "blue bloater" a big and friendly blue giant. What do these terms mean exactly?To...
- Croup in Adults
Croup is a very common respiratory infection in children, but it can also occur in adults. It can occur at any point and is quite infectious since the virus is often being dispersed through the air, which causes the infection to spread to others. Although rare, croup can also be caused by bacterial...
- How Do Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Trials Work?
The great thing about medical research is that there are always new clinical trials going on in an attempt to find a cure, or at least new treatment options. However, it can be confusing to understand what actually goes on in these trials, and how they come about in the first place. Read further to...
- 5 Tips on Living with Pleurisy
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy, also called as pleuritis, is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. These double-membraned pleura are important because they protect and lubricate your lungs as you breathe in and out. The small amount of fluid in the pleural cavity helps the two...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- What to Do if You Have a Lung Injury
For the past several years, lung injuries have remained one of the most common cases to be noted in the emergency units of several hospitals. There are different types of lung injuries that require medical attention as soon as possible. There are different ways by which a person may end up with a...
- Dr. Christopher T Huhta M.D.1200 E MICHIGAN AVE LANSING MI 48912
- John William Gobel Other1200 E Michigan Ave Lansing MI 48912
- Dr. Saniya Khan M.D1200 E Michigan Ave Lansing MI 48912
- Dr. Michael E Burnett D.O.1200 E Michigan Ave Lansing MI 48912
- Dr. Larry F Rawsthorne M.D.1200 E Michigan Ave Lansing MI 48912
- Dr. Jennifer R Ely D.O.1200 E Michigan Ave Lansing MI 48912