Dr. Surendranath P Ekanayake MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)12502 Willowbrook Rd Suite 550 Cumberland MD, 21502
Dr. Surendranath Ekanayake is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Cumberland, MD. Dr. Ekanayake specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ekanayake can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ekanayake can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1994
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Vaginal Prolapse
- High Blood Pressure
- Genital Warts
- Stress Incontinence
- Seton Hall U Sch Grad Med Ed, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Seton Hall University School of Health and Medical Sciences Program
Dr. Surendranath P Ekanayake MD's Practice location
Cumberland, MD 21502Get Direction
Dr. Surendranath P Ekanayake MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ekanayake
- What Causes Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts are small, fluid-filled sacs that develop in or on the surface of the ovaries. Most of the cysts do not cause any harm to the person, while some may cause pain or bleed. Cysts usually resemble a small bubble with central fluid surrounded by a thin wall. Cysts may develop in women of...
- 6 Post-Pregnancy Body Changes You Should Know About
Low sex driveSleepless nights and a drop in the levels of estrogen all combine together to give a low drive for sex after pregnancy. “Some of them may take up to a year to get back their normal mood and sex drive," says Hope Ricciotti, MD, an associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at...
- Treating PCOS With Progestin Decreases the Chances of Pregnancy
PCOS is a common medical problem faced by women. It is usually caused by an imbalance in reproductive hormones. This imbalance can lead to problems in the ovaries. In a normal state, the ovaries make the egg and release it every month as part of a healthy menstrual cycle, however, for those with...
- Vitamin D Pills Can Help Reduce the Pain Caused By Menstruation
A study conducted by Italian researchers has shown that a single dose of vitamin D may reduce the pain experienced during menstrual cycles in women, and help them to avoid taking pain killers. In this study, the researchers studied the effect of vitamin D on 40 women between the ages of 18-years-old...
- Causes and Symptoms of Metrorrhagia
What is metrorrhagia?Metrorrhagia is also known as dysfunctional uterine bleeding, which is a common gynecological complaint among women of reproductive age. This condition is also commonly experienced during the first few years of menarche. If abnormal bleeding occurs during menarche, then it is...
- What Causes Ovarian Cancer?
Doctors and scientists still hadn’t found the exact causes of ovarian cancer, but there are a few risk factors that may be closely connected to this disease. The epithelial type of ovarian cancer is the most common among women of every age. Women above their 60s are at highest risk, while those...
- Mr. Dale Edwin Wolford DO12502 Willowbrook Rd Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Maureen B Conroy DO600 Memorial Ave Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Latasha A. Rabsatt M.D.2401 W Belvedere Ave Baltimore MD 21215
- Dr. Ethel Marie Hooper M.D.12502 Willowbrook Rd Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Fauzia Baqai M.D.600 Memorial Ave Cumberland MD 21502
- Dr. Gretchen M Platt M.D.202 Beachley St Meyersdale PA 15552