Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.
Geneticist | Clinical Genetics (M.D.)982185 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE, 68198
Dr. Lois Starr practices Genetic Medicine in Omaha, NE. As a geneticist, Dr. Starr performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Starr carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Education and Training
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB Medicine
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Occurrence of nephroblastomatosis with dup(18)(q11.2-q23) implicates trisomy 18 tumor screening protocol in select patients with 18q duplication.
- Assessing the utility of confirmatory studies following identification of large-scale genomic imbalances by microarray.
- The first patient with tandem duplication of 6q14q16: Molecular and phenotypic characterization.
- Valve-Sparing Root and Total Arch Replacement for Cutis Laxa Aortopathy.
- Autism And Related Disorders (pervasive Developmental Disorders), Collagenopathy, Dysmorphology And More
Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.'s Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Starr
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- The Function and Structure of DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the instructions an organism needs to develop, live and reproduce. These instructions are found inside every cell and are passed down from parents to their children.The Structure of DNADNA contains molecules called nucleotides, which possess a...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Dr. Eric Thomas Rush M.D.985440 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Richard E Lutz MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. William B Rizzo MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Ann H Olney MD98810 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Bruce A Buehler MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Omar Ali Abdul-rahman M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216