Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.
Geneticist | Clinical Genetics (M.D.)982185 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE, 68198
Dr. Lois Starr practices Genetic Medicine in Omaha, NE. As a geneticist, Dr. Starr performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Starr carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Education and Training
University of Nebraska, Omaha, NB Medicine
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Occurrence of nephroblastomatosis with dup(18)(q11.2-q23) implicates trisomy 18 tumor screening protocol in select patients with 18q duplication.
- Assessing the utility of confirmatory studies following identification of large-scale genomic imbalances by microarray.
- The first patient with tandem duplication of 6q14q16: Molecular and phenotypic characterization.
- Valve-Sparing Root and Total Arch Replacement for Cutis Laxa Aortopathy.
- Autism And Related Disorders (pervasive Developmental Disorders), Collagenopathy, Dysmorphology And More
Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.'s Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Starr
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- The Function and Structure of DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the instructions an organism needs to develop, live and reproduce. These instructions are found inside every cell and are passed down from parents to their children.The Structure of DNADNA contains molecules called nucleotides, which possess a...
- What is Neurofibromatosis?
Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects the development of nerve cells and tissues in the body, leading to the formation of tumors in different parts of the nervous system. These tumors, also known as neurofibromas, may develop in the brain, spinal cord, along the nerves, or under the...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Dr. Eric Thomas Rush M.D.985440 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Richard E Lutz MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. William B Rizzo MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Bruce A Buehler MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Ann H Olney MD98810 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Julia A Bridge MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198