Dr. Adam Wesley Baird OD
Optometrist (Pediatric) | Pediatrics760 CAMPBELL LANE BOWLING GREEN KY, 42104
Adam Baird is a pediatric optometrist practicing in BOWLING GREEN, KY. Adam specializes in providing eye care services to children. As an optometrist, Adam performs eye evaluations, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Adam is specifically trained to examine and treat visual disorders in children. Pediatric optometrists will typically prescribe children glasses until age 12, and around 12 years of age children can be prescribed contact lenses.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- T cell subset involvement in immune responses to Fasciola hepatica infection in cattle.
- Berberine inhibits ion transport in human colonic epithelia.
- A CPAP device.
- Iontophoresis-enhanced absorptive flux of polar molecules across intestinal tissue in vitro.
- Evaluation of the Caco-2 monolayer as a model epithelium for iontophoretic transport.
- Expression of specific markers and particle transport in a new human intestinal M-cell model.
- Oxygen metabolites in immune- stimulated ion transport in rat colon: modulation by taurine.
- Potent NK1 antagonism by SR-140333 reduces rat colonic secretory response to immunocyte activation.
- Human colonic anti-secretory activity of the potent NK(1) antagonist, SR140333: assessment of potential anti-diarrhoeal activity in food allergy and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Lipoxin A(4) and aspirin-triggered 15-epi-lipoxin A(4) antagonize TNF-alpha-stimulated neutrophil-enterocyte interactions in vitro and attenuate TNF-alpha-induced chemokine release and colonocyte apoptosis in human intestinal mucosa ex vivo.
- Microparticle vaccine approaches to stimulate mucosal immunisation.
- Tissue cytokine and chemokine expression in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Sources of calcium in neurokinin A-induced contractions of human colonic smooth muscle in vitro.
- In vitro neuronal and vascular responses to 5-HT in rats chronically exposed to MDMA.
- Role of prostaglandin E(2) and Ca(2+) in bradykinin induced contractions of guinea-pig gallbladder in vitro.
Dr. Adam Wesley Baird OD's Practice location
BOWLING GREEN, KY 42104Get Direction
- Dealing with Multiple Sclerosis Fatigue
Multiple sclerosis is a poorly understood autoimmune disease with a variety of symptoms, not all of which are felt by every person. Perhaps the most common symptom of MS is fatigue, and even that does not affect everyone equally.Tiredness and lassitudeFatigue can manifest itself either mentally or...
- How Did Prince Die?
Prince, the screen name of Prince Rogers Nelson, is among the celebrity casualties of 2016. Described as one of the most influential artists of all time and an icon of the rock and roll era, his music is described as innovative and defined the music scene of the 80s. He released his debut in 1978 at...
- Mononucleosis: Why Am I So Tired?
The most common signs and symptoms of the mononucleosis are similar to someone who as caught the whooping cough disease. The signs and symptoms start sixteen weeks after entering the body. Some of the signs include:...
- Is Restless Legs Syndrome Chronic?
Restless legs syndrome is not chronic. RLS is a neurological movement disorder of the limbs. It is usually associated with sleep disruptions. Patients with RLS will usually report strange sensations, such as an urge to move their leg. This can become very bothersome, which can lead to physical as...
- When Does Vaginitis Normally Occur?
Also referred as vulvovaginitis or vaginal infection, vaginitis is the inflammation of the vagina. It can occur at any time in a woman’s life. The condition can lead to pain, itching, and unusual vaginal discharge, which are mostly accompanied with a vulva infection or irritation. Some women may...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Hereditary?
Research organizations were able to identify and pinpoint two genes that affect the development of multiple sclerosis. Seven genome screens of MS in November 2010 revealed that other complex genetic factors have associations with MS. For this reason, more research is called for to reveal the...