Dr. Janet C Pelmore MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease6929 Sunnywood Drive Nashville TN, 37211
Dr. Janet Pelmore practices Pulmonology in Nashville, TN. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Pelmore manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College 1990
Dr. Janet C Pelmore MD's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37211Get Direction
MT JULIET, TN 37122Get Direction
- 5 Tips on Living with Pleurisy
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy, also called as pleuritis, is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. These double-membraned pleura are important because they protect and lubricate your lungs as you breathe in and out. The small amount of fluid in the pleural cavity helps the two...
- What are the Early Signs of Lupus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (also known as lupus) is a condition that usually affects women. It occurs as a result of antibodies or lymphocytes generated against substances that exist in the body. Approximately one out of 2,100 people has the condition.Women are five times more vulnerable to...
- Firefighters from Around the World Take Steps Toward Cystic Fibrosis Research
As a firefighter, Wes Loucks received countless emergency phone calls throughout his 32 years of service for the Portland Fire and Rescue Bureau. After retiring, he received a personal call for help from his own family. His two grandsons were both born with cystic fibrosis (CF), a chronic genetic...
- What Is Emphysema? Home Remedies for Emphysema Patients
Emphysema is a form of chronic lung disease and one of the main types of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). This disease is regarded as "obstructive" because people who are suffering from emphysema exhale air as if there is an obstruction. There are various factors that can cause...
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is a leading cause of cancer death in men and women worldwide. Lung cancer defies classification as a single disease affecting just one organ. The warning signs and painful symptoms represent major systemic disorders in different parts...
- Dr. Susan Kay Garwood M.D.4230 Harding Road Nashville TN 37205
- Dr. Zachary V. Coller M.D.5002 Crossings Cir Mount Juliet TN 37122
- Dr. Elliott S Cohen MD2300 PATTERSON ST NASHVILLE TN 37203
- Dr. Mary Agnes Mcelaney MD397 Wallace Rd Nashville TN 37211
- Dr. Rachel Marie Kingree M.D.5651 Frist Blvd Hermitage TN 37076
- Dr. Laura Forester Hunt MD4323 Carothers Pkwy Franklin TN 37067