Dr. Omer Masood is an internist practicing in East Meadow, NY. Dr. Masood specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Masood provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
St George',s University MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2003
- Member American Gastroenterology Association (AGA)
- Member American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
- Member American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Nassau Co Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Nassau University Medical Center
- Nassau University Medical Center, Uniondale, New York
Dr. Omer Masood M.D.'s Practice location
East Meadow, NY 11554Get Direction
EAST MEADOW, NY 11554Get Direction
Dr. Omer Masood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Masood
- How Can I Prevent Premature Graying?
As pigmentation cells stop producing the pigment, gray hair is the result. It may also be bleached by the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide, a chemical naturally produced in the body. In most cases, graying occurs by the time an individual is 30-years-old. Most people have gray hair by the time they...
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- Tylenol-Codeine Side Effects
OverviewTylenol (acetaminophen) and codeine are used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain. Aside from pain, acetaminophen is also used to reduce fever. Tylenol is not a habit-forming drug. However, when this drug is taken in large dosages, serious liver damage including other negative side...
- What Are BCAAs?
What are BCAAs?The term BCAA is short for branched-chain amino acid. The human body is made up of different proteins, which contain amino acids. There are 20 amino acids and nine of them are considered essential amino acids, which you can get through your diet because your body cannot make...
- What are the Causes of Abdominal Pain?
A pain that may start or spread from anywhere in between the chest to the pelvic region is often referred to as abdominal pain. Abdominal pain is of different types. Some of them are acute, while others are chronic. Some of them may be rated as mild, while others may range between moderate and...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Dr. Faiz Ahmed Khan MD2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow New York 11554
- Dr. Marianne Frieri M.D.2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Suhail A Shah M.D.1483 Beech Ln East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Andre George Giannakopoulos M.D.2578 HEMPSTEAD TPKE EAST MEADOW NY 11554
- Peter Farrugia M.D.2512 Hysler St East Meadow NY 11554
- Dr. Steven J. Walerstein M.D.2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow NY 11554