Dr. Marcelo Vargas practices Genetic Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. As a geneticist, Dr. Vargas performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Vargas carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Risk factors for latent tuberculosis infection among children in New York City.
- Infarcted myxoid fibroadenoma following fine-needle aspiration.
- Inhibition of Ras oncogenic activity by Ras protooncogenes.
- Angiogenesis in uterine cervical squamous cell carcinoma.
- Detection of heterozygosity loss in microdissected fine needle aspiration specimens of breast carcinoma.
- Immunohistologic assessment of technetium-99m-MIBI uptake in benign and malignant breast lesions.
- Utilization of molecular genetics in the differentiation between adrenal cortical adenomas and carcinomas.
- Lymphoepitheliomalike carcinoma: an unusual variant of endometrial cancer. A report of two cases.
Dr. Marcelo Paul Vargas MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19134Get Direction
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Marcelo Paul Vargas MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Is My Child More Likely to Develop Autism if a Blood Relative Has Autism?
Autism characterized by impaired social interactions reduced verbal and non-verbal communication and stereotyped behavior and activities. These symptoms appear in early childhood and impair or limit everyday functioning.Autism and geneticsResearchers believe that both environment and genetics play a...
- The Function and Structure of DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the instructions an organism needs to develop, live and reproduce. These instructions are found inside every cell and are passed down from parents to their children.The Structure of DNADNA contains molecules called nucleotides, which possess a...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...